View Single Post
Old 06-11-23, 10:29   #3
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Checkmark Brit Aid Worker Ian Purchase Kidnapped by Taliban Tells of Mental Battle in Solitary

British Aid Worker Ian Purchase 50, Kidnapped by Taliban Walked 12 Miles a Day in Cell to Keep Sane

Ian Purchase, Was Held Hostage in Solitary Confinement by The Taliban For Five Months Has Told How The Mental Battle Was Hardest to Deal With in His Cell

BBC 6 NOV 2023

Ian pictured as a paratrooper

Ex-paratrooper Ian Purchase, 50, was arrested in Afghanistan's capital Kabul in May on suspicion of breaking local laws. He says he was then chucked in solitary confinement until his release in October, where he was "beaten and whipped".

*But Ian says the mental anguish was tougher - not knowing what the next hour, let alone day, would hold. He desperately clung to a routine to preserve his mental health and prayed to God.

*He constantly paced his 18ft by 14ft cell, often walking up to 28,000 steps in a day - the equivalent of 12 miles.

The dad-of-two, who served in 3 Para from 1995 to 2001, is now safely back home and is coming to terms with what happened to him.

*Ian said: “I was kept in solitary. I was beaten and whipped in the first five days of being there. But the worst of the pain is the mental side - not knowing why you’re there or if you’ll ever get out. It was hard to tell day from night.

I’m agnostic but part of my routine was desperate heartfelt praying. I wrote the names of my children, my mum and ex wife on the wall.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote