View Single Post
Old 25-02-20, 23:05   #5
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Update Re: Storms Leave UK Looking Like Zombie Apocalypse

Devastating Storms Leave area Looking Like 'Zombie Apocalypse Horror Film'

EXCLUSIVE: David Throup, of the Environment Agency, said that Tenbury Wells was like a 'zombie apocalypse' after Storms Ciara and Dennis and 'people were in tears, in shock'

Daily Mirror UK •23 Feb 2020

Devastating storms left one area looking like a scene from a horror film, according to a seasoned flooding expert.

David Throup, of the Environment Agency, said that Tenbury Wells, Worcs, was like a “zombie apocalypse” after being hit by storms Ciara and Dennis.

He said: “People were in tears, in shock, returning to their shops and homes which were covered in mud and rubbish.

“It was just a horrible, horrible sight to see the reaction on people’s faces. I’ve seen quite a few of our staff very shocked and in tears about what is going on.”

Mr Throup, 54, the agency’s manager for Herefordshire and Worcestershire, has been protecting homes for more than 20 years.

David Throup of the Environment Agency in Worcester (Image: Caters News)

He was speaking after the forecast more torrential rain, gales and snow this week, along with further flooding for his patch.

Mr Throup described the horror when he saw river levels, monitored by the agency’s 1,000 staff, reach “unheard-of” levels.

He said: “It came up four metres in four or five hours. I thought ‘dear God, something bad is happening here’.

Members of Worcester Canoe Club kayaking on a flooded Worcester Racecourse today (Image: PA)

“For the first time since I’ve been dealing with floods, I was scared. I thought that people could be seriously hurt or killed.”

He fears that climate change, the “intensive” use of agricultural land and building on flood plains, signal worse to come.

Mr Throup wants to see more education, better defences and land use issues being addressed.

A man navigates flood water in York after the River Ouse burst its banks (Image: PA)

He said: “There is no flood season any more – it can happen any time.
“You warm the world and the atmosphere gets more volatile and wetter.”

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote