Go Back   DreamTeamDownloads1, FTP Help, Movies, Bollywood, Applications, etc. & Mature Sex Forum, Rapidshare, Filefactory, Freakshare, Rapidgator, Turbobit, & More MULTI Filehosts > FORUMS CLOSED DEC 2021 > Guest Music >CLOSED APRIL 2017

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Hallo to All Members. As you can see we regularly Upgrade our Servers, (Sorry for any Downtime during this). We also have added more Forums to help you with many things and for you to enjoy. We now need you to help us to keep this site up and running. This site works at a loss every month and we appeal to you to donate what you can. If you would like to help us, then please just send a message to any Member of Staff for info on how to do this,,,, & Thank You for Being Members of this site.
Post New ThreadReply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-10-13, 18:03   #1
Removed as a Site Uploader-Per His Request

KISHOREAPU has a spectacular aura aboutKISHOREAPU has a spectacular aura aboutKISHOREAPU has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal 
Total Awards: 1

Default David Ruffin - David: Unreleased LP & More (2004) FLAC

Album : David: Unreleased LP & More
Artist : David Ruffin
Style : Motown, Soul
Label : Motown
Release : 2004
Audio Quality : FLAC | Lossless | 23 tracks | 01:16:02
File Size : 507.02 MB
AllMusic Rating : 4.5/5

Quote:
It's well known that Motown recorded more material than it could release, but its reasons for shelving material remain a mystery to this day. Ever since the CD reissue boom of the late '80s, this unreleased material has begun to trickle out of the vaults, and when it does surface in such forms as the dynamite double-disc set A Cellarful of Motown!, the music is so good it's hard to believe that it never was released at the time. Knowing this, it should not come as a complete surprise that former Temptations lead singer David Ruffin had a full, completed album shelved in 1971, but hearing Hip-O Select's excavation of that album on the 2004 release David: The Unreleased Album, it's still a wonder that this record sat in the vaults for over three decades, with very few of the songs recorded during the sessions appearing on other records and compilations over the years. Far from being unreleasable, David (titled as such because the album was never given a proper title -- it was given a catalog number and track sequencing, with David Ruffin penciled in as its name, but that was used as the title for his 1973 album) finds Ruffin at a solo peak, not just a singer but in terms of material. He cut the 12 songs that comprised the album, along with the seven bonus tracks from the same sessions that fill out this CD reissue, in late 1969 and 1970, after he had a big solo hit with "My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)," with the intent of releasing the album in 1971. There were a pair of covers of recent hits -- an appropriately heartbroken and seductive "Rainy Night in Georgia" and a rather revelatory "I Want You Back," which added real grit to the Jackson 5's effervescent smash -- but most of this was material written for Ruffin and it played to his strengths. While this music was rooted in Motown's signature sound and performed by the Funk Brothers, it also looked beyond Detroit, adding heavy doses of funk, psychedelia, and smooth soul, filled with galvanizing horns, driving guitars, down-n-dirty clavinets, flourishes of electric sitar, fuzz tones, and wah-wah guitars, all grounded by Ruffin's earthy testifying and tied together by top-notch songwriting. All these elements wound up sounding much hipper than much of the music officially released by Motown in the early 1970, when Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye were just beginning to break free of the studio's formula, and while David and its accompanying bonus tracks are not a masterpiece along the lines of Talking Book or What's Going On (or even Where I'm Coming From, for that matter), it's vibrant, exciting music that still sounds fresh -- arguably fresher than full-length Temptations albums of the late '60s -- which qualifies it as a lost classic of sorts. Why was it lost, consigned to the vaults for nearly three and a half decades? According to the liner notes, nobody really knows. Ruffin wasn't popular among the executives at Motown in the early '70s, and he was also going through a number of well-documented personal problems, so it's possible that Motown simply didn't want to promote him at the time, but it's also true that the label had a number of great records, including Marvin's What's Going On, to release in 1971, and Ruffin had two LPs out in 1970, including a duet album with his brother Jimmy, so the market may have been saturated. We'll likely never know the reason why David was buried, but fortunately it has been unearthed, and it's a reason for hardcore soul and Motown fans to celebrate...... (Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine)

Recording Date : January 6, 1969 - May 26, 1971

Tracklist
Original LP
01. Each Day Is A Lifetime (03:11)
02. I Want You Back (02:50)
03. Out In The Country (03:39)
04. You Can Come Right Back To Me (03:05)
05. I Can't Be Hurt Anymore (03:19)
06. Rainey Night In Georgia (04:41)
07. I've Git A Need For You (03:21)
08. Anything That You Ask For (02:55)
09. Let Somebody Love Me (03:54)
10. For The Shelter Of Your Love (03:28)
11. Dinah (03:16)
12. Don't Stop Loving Me (03:03)

Bonus Tracks
13. It's Gonna Take A Whole Lot Of Doin' (Bonus Track) (02:55)
14. I Want Her To Say It Again (Bonus Track) (03:09)
15. Your Heartaches I Can Surely Heal (Bonus Track) (03:25)
16. Get Away Heartbreak (Bonus Track) (03:12)
17. You Make Me Do Things I Don't Want To Do (Bonus Track) (03:31)
18. Mountain Of Memories (Bonus Track) (03:04)
19. Heaven Help Us All (Bonus Track) (03:26)

Mono Single Mixes
20. Each Day Is A Lifetime (Mono Single Mix) (03:15)
21. Don't Stop Loving Me (Mono Single Mix) (02:52)
22. You Can Come Right Back To Me (Mono Single Mix) (03:06)
23. Dinah (Mono Single Mix) (03:15)

DOWNLOAD LINKS
http://www.filefactory.com/file/44f8etiwta5d
http://uploaded.net/file/fmjq62pn
http://freakshare.com/files/dl84pvng/DvdRfn-Dvd_UnrlsdLP_Mre2004L.rar.html

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Post New ThreadReply