View Single Post
Old 28-10-15, 17:05   #21
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Boxing re: PhOtOs-Pacquiao's Farewell Fight APR 2016>New Career in Politics

Manny Pacquiao 'Still Negotiating' Floyd Mayweather Rematch Ahead of Final Fight

By Bleachers, Oct 27, 2015

Manny Pacquiao has revealed he is attempting to organise a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr. as his final fight before he retires from boxing.

Mayweather and Pacquiao played out the richest fight in boxing history in May, the Filipino losing by unanimous decision.

Money has since beaten Andre Berto and retired with an unbeaten 49-0 professional record.

However, Pacquiao maintains he could yet face up to his longtime rival again, per FightHype.com:

"I don't know yet who's my opponent next but we're still negotiating right now about the rematch with Floyd Mayweather so hoping for that."

The 36-year-old Filipino has not fought since his clash with Mayweather after undergoing surgery on the right-shoulder injury he blamed for his defeat in Las Vegas.

According to his promoter, Bob Arum, Pac-Man will return to action on April 9 in what is likely to be his last fight before his attention turns to the Philippines Senate

FightHype.com's report indicated that no contact has yet been made with Mayweather's representatives, but Pacquiao is clearly keen to have another go at the self proclaimed "Best Ever."

The first welterweight clash between the two generation-defining boxers was largely underwhelming.

Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson gave a pithy summary of the clash at the time after a fight in which Pac-Man struggled to lay a telling blow on a dodging and ducking Mayweather:

"We waited 5 years for that..."

A rematch would undoubtedly draw huge attention once again, but many fans will have been put off after the disappointment of May 2's spectacle.

It seems highly unlikely that Mayweather would come out of retirement and risk his unbeaten record against a boxer he has already beaten convincingly.

Alex Menendez/Getty Images

A far more likely final opponent for Pacquiao is Britain's Amir Khan, the Bolton-born fighter having recently talked up his prospects of fighting the eight-division champ, per BBC:

"I am the front-runner. Manny Pacquiao makes a good story because we've been training partners and I've been with his coach Freddie Roach. There's a big chance of the fight happening, it's all about making sure my team is on point with the deal and they need to make sure they get the fight that I want."

A clash between Pacquiao and the 28-year-old Khan would likely be an exciting encounter, as both are combative and fast fighters.
While not as high-profile, it would surely be more interesting than another prospective clash for Pacquiao with Mayweather.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote