View Single Post
Old 23-06-11, 18:38   #15
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: MMA's 25 Worst Cheap Shots- VIDEOS

12. Takanori Gomi Charges Luiz Azeredo

At Bushido 7 in 2005, Gomi caught Azeredo and knocked him out. But, for whatever reason, he continued to attack his unconscious opponent as if in a frenzy.
He ultimately had to be restrained by venue security.

11. Almeida, Marquardt, Gracie Pull off Cheap Shot Triple Play

Fellow Bleacher Report columnist Blake Dreisbach sums it up nicely here.
In a nutshell, though, Almeida holds the choke on Marquardt a few beats too long after forcing the tap, which prompts Nate the Great to hit Almeida after the stoppage, which then prompts Almeida trainer Renzo Gracie to kick Marquardt in the face, which then activates a pulley system that lowers Cheick Kongo into the ring for a series of groin strikes.
What a fascinating contraption!

10. Gilbert Yvel Trilogy, Part 1, Wherein He Gouges the Eye of Don Frye

Whenever you have "L -- DQ (eye gouge)" on your record, you're in some pretty select company.
You can check out a GIF of the gouge here.

9. Wes Sims Stomps on Frank Mir’s Head

Wes Sims has a reputation as a cheap shot artist. But at UFC 43, he seemed to blow a fuse when he stomped repeatedly on Mir’s head in plain sight of anyone with eyesight. He earned a DQ loss in the process.
But don’t feel too bad for Mir. He absolutely crushed Sims, fair and square, in their rematch at UFC 46.

8. Babalu Holds Choke on David Heath

Renato "Babalu” Sobral is a very angry young man.
Before their fight at UFC 74, David Heath called Babalu a bad name. After the fight, Heath was lying unconscious in a pool of his own blood.
Realizing that he had, in the heat of the moment, held the anaconda choke long after Heath tapped, Sobral immediately went into damage control mode after the fight.
“He has to learn respect," Babalu reasoned. "He deserved that.”
LeBron James would be proud.
A few days after the incident, Sobral was booted from the UFC.

7. Paul Daley Sucker Punches Josh Koscheck

For a variety of reasons, Daley got pretty frustrated during his fight with Kos. Unfortunately for Daley and his UFC career, he waited until after the fight to take those frustrations out on his opponent.
You're just encouraging him, Paul. You're just encouraging him.

6. Gilbert Yvel Trilogy, Part 2, Wherein He Bites Another Man

The unlucky Evander Holyfield to Yvel’s Mike Tyson was Karimula Barkalaev, who on the bright side did pick up a DQ win after the ref saw what Yvel did.
I love Herb Dean's expression in this photo. "Gilbert, you just, I mean, you can't just bite people."

5. Palhares Subs Drwal

Palhares holds the heel hook for a loooong time after the stop, long after Drwal seems to go hoarse from screaming and the ref has strained muscles in an attempt to break the two apart.
Some time later, Drwal shared his thoughts on the moment:

“I think when someone taps and screams it means that he's done, that he concedes the win to the other guy and that the guy should stop the hold without fearing any misunderstandings with the ref.”

I’m no Big John McCarthy, but I think I must concur with that assessment.
For Palhares’ part, he protested the 90-day suspension, saying he was “just waiting for the ref to interrupt the match.” Yes, I can see how the ref pushing on you so hard that his neck tendons pop out may leave a little room for ambiguity. Way to be wishy-washy about it, ref.
(Postscript: thankfully, Drwal was not seriously injured.)

4. Glove Tap, Baby, Glove Tap

The most egregious of the Glove Touch Cheap Shot subgenere.
Atilla Kubilay absolutely wrecks Richard Bowkett with a cheap shot at Cage Rage 13.
But he does it before the fight starts.
Pssst…Atilla…this didn’t give you an advantage.
Check out the video. It's so stupid it's almost hypnotic.

3. The Heath Herring Kiss Punch

Maybe not the worst on this list, but probably the most famous. In fact, if memory serves, this video went viral before anyone knew what going viral meant.
The best part is that Herring knocks The Kisser absolutely cold with what looks at a glance like an open-handed slap, like some indignant woman who didn't care for the young man's advances.
I never get tired of watching this.

2. Gerard Gordeau

No. 2 is not for a single shot, but for a single man. Give it up for the Ty Cobb of MMA, only if Ty Cobb wasn't all that good at baseball.
Doesn't he just look like the dirtiest fighter you've ever seen?
Gordeau bit, low-blowed and gouged his way through a decade-long career in various martial arts and MMA promotions. He fought three times in UFC 1 before losing in the final to Royce Gracie. In his last MMA bout, he gouged the eyes of Yuki Nakai so badly that Nakai lost sight in his right eye.
Gordeau still lost the fight.

1. Gilbert Yvel Trilogy, Part 3: The Ref Punch

Like a few of the examples before this, I wonder what he hoped to accomplish here. That's a referee, Gilbert Yvel. He's a necessary arbiter of the fight, at worst, and your ally at best.
Was Yvel expecting a friend to slide under the ropes with a steel chair to help him finish off the opponent? Is he crazy?
I need answers here. I want to know why. Why, Gilbert Yvel? Why?

Begin Slideshow
Keep Reading

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote