View Single Post
Old 09-11-14, 17:05   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Boxing Mayweather Now Boxing Promoter Amid Rematch Rumours with Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao is 'Crossing his Fingers' That a Superfight with Floyd Mayweather Happens in 2015 as He Prepares to Defend his WBO Title against Chris Algieri

• Manny Pacquiao defends WBO world title vs Chris Algieri on November 23
  • Filipino is 'crossing his fingers' he can fight Floyd Mayweather Jnr in 2015
  • Potential superfight has been talked about for years and could happen
  • Pacquiao believes he has a 'couple of years' left in his boxing career
AP 9 Nov 2014

Manny Pacquiao looked fighting fit as he took part in an open training session in preparation for his bout with Chris Algieri - but he did allow his focus to briefly shift past his title defence in November.
During his trip to Hong Kong, where he is promoting the November 23 fight, Pacquiao responded to a question from one of the fans who mobbed him in the street and revealed he is 'crossing his fingers' he will get his match-up with Floyd Mayweather Jnr in 2015.

The Pacquiao-Mayweather superfight has been touted for years and there have been endless false dawns as to if - and when - it could occur, but it seems the Filipino is keen for the match-up to happen.

Manny Pacquiao (left) trains with coach Freddy Roach during a media workout in Hong Kong on Monday

Pacquiao is 'crossing his fingers' that a superfight with Floyd Mayweather Jnr (pictured) can happen in 2015

Pacquiao was taking part in a media workout as he continues his preparations for his bout with Chris Algieri

Pacquiao pushs against a large person in the ring during his media workout in Hong Kong on Monday

Pacquiao told AFP: 'Hopefully that fight (with Mayweather) will happen by next year.

'I'm crossing my fingers that that fight will happen but right now my mind is already set to focus on my next fight but Algieri. I think the time to talk about that issue is after the fight.'

Unbeaten American Mayweather has defeated almost every single potential opponent on the planet and Pacquiao hopes he gets the chance to be the first to take him down before the Filipino hangs up his gloves.
'I'm not thinking yet about retirement,' he said. 'I will continue my boxing career for a couple of years, the journey will continue in my boxing career and we'll see what happens.'

Algieri (right), pictured in September, will face Pacquiao on November 23 for the WBO world welterweight title

Trainer Freddie Roach (left) helps Pacquiao to train during his open session in Hong Kong on Monday

Pacquiao revealed he believes he has two years left in him before he will retire from boxing altogether

In the meantime, Pacquiao takes on American Algieri in a defence of WBO world welterweight title this month.
And the 35-year-old is determined not to take his opponent lightly.

He continued:

'No, absolutely I'm not taking this fight lightly because I know his hunger and he's young and he wants to win the fight, but I will not let that happen.
'I'm not thinking about the knock-out because it will make me confident and careless.
'If the knock-out comes it will come but my focus is to make sure that 100-per-cent condition and killer instinct is there, the aggressiveness is there, so that's my focus in training.'

The Filipino fighter insisted he was focused on Algieri and will switch attention to Mayweather after the bout

Pacquiao (centre) poses with trainer Freddie Roach (right) during his promotional tour of Hong Kong

The 35-year-old is mobbed by fans on the streets of Hong Kong during his promotional tour ahead of the fight

Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Fight Could Happen in May

Manny Pacquiao: Mayweather Fight is in Serious Negotiation

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote