View Single Post
Old 29-08-14, 17:42   #7
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: UFC 177 Main Card Staff Predictions

Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao

Kontek
I am really tempted to take Renan Barao here. Previous to his defeat to TJ Dillashaw, he looked unstoppable. However, Dillashaw's improvements are hard to ignore. Plus, given Barao's knack for slow starts, it will be tough to recover if Dillashaw cracks him and rings his bell again in the first round. I'll give the nod to the champ.
Dillashaw, Unanimous Decision

Amos
I have no idea why, but I believe Barao evens the score. There was nothing in his last performance to suggest he'll win, but I guess I'm just stubborn. Or maybe, as every teacher I had between grades three and 12 not so subtly implied, just a bit dull.
Barao, TKO, Rd. 2

Smith
I want to believe this rematch will be much closer than the original meeting between Dillashaw and Barao. However, with it only being three months since Dillashaw dethroned Barao convincingly, it’s hard to see this playing out much differently. Dillashaw has the Brazilian’s number and will remain the bantamweight champion.

MacDonald
I wanted to pick Dillashaw the first time around, but I crumbled under the weight of popular opinion. I won't pick against him this time. Barao’s best shot is to turn this into a grappling match. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the wrestling to consistently put the American on his back. This fight may be closer than the first, but I can’t see it being that much closer.

Harris
Dillashaw definitely won the belt. There was no fluke about it. But the fact is that Barao had an off night. This time around, he'll be light on his feet again, and he'll fire strikes from all points such that he will be utterly unpredictable. Watch for Barao to try some takedowns and ground scrambles too, which could put the champ in a compromising situation. This will be another long one. Barao gets his belt back, setting up one of the best rubber matches of the decade thus far.
Barao, Unanimous Decision

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote