View Single Post
Old 29-08-14, 17:38   #5
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: UFC 177 Main Card Staff Predictions

Bethe Correia vs. Shayna Baszler

USA TODAY Sports

Kontek
People are starting to jump on the Bethe Correia bandwagon, but Shayna Baszler's experience and grappling edge are too good to ignore here. Correia barely edged Julie Kedzie and beat a Jessamyn Duke who was likely too raw to be UFC-ready. Baszler has been around the block a time or two and will show Correia why she has been around as long as she has.
Baszler, Submission, Rd. 2

Amos
Baszler, of course, has a fair advantage on the ground, but I'm not sure Correia will condescend to let that factor in. I'll say the Brazilian manages to keep things standing for the most part, at least long enough to rack up points on the scorecards and earn a decision. I'd call a split, but all of my personalities agree Correia will eke it out.
Correia, Unanimous Decision

Smith
Had Baszler not been away from competition for so long, I might have sided with her in this matchup. However, I think Baszler’s inactivity will hurt her in what promises to be an evenly matched scrap. It’ll come down to the wire, but Correia should be able to outlast Baszler and gain an edge on the scorecards in the later rounds.
Correia, Unanimous Decision

MacDonald
This is a tough fight to call. Baszler is the more technical, talented fighter. Unfortunately, she hasn’t competed since The Ultimate Fighter last year, so ring rust could be an issue for the veteran. The more rugged Correia has scraped by her first couple of UFC opponents via decision, so I haven’t been overly impressed by her. I’m going to take a gamble on Baszler here.
Baszler, Unanimous Decision

Harris
This one is more interesting outside the cage than in it. Correia can dirty it up in close range, and Baszler can dirty it up in any phase. I'm looking for a grindfest, in other words. I think Baszler has the experience and the ground game to snuff out one of the year's funnest stories. Ring rust, schming shmust—know what I'm saying.
Baszler, Unanimous Decision

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote