View Single Post
Old 11-07-14, 15:24   #57
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default re: Brazil 2014-GERMANY Wins World Cup+Closing Ceremony

Luis Suarez to Barcelona: Latest Transfer Details, Reaction and More

11 Jul, 2014

Liverpool announced on Friday that Luis Suarez will be leaving the club after a deal was struck with Barcelona.

The Reds confirmed the news with a statement on their official website:

Quote:
Liverpool FC confirms that Luis Suarez will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona. The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities, which will then conclude the transfer.

We would like to thank Luis for his contribution and the role he played in helping bring Champions League football back to Anfield.

Everyone at Liverpool Football Club wishes Luis and his family well for the future.

He will wear the No. 9 jersey, as noted by 101 Great Goals:
Suarez also released a statement via Liverpool's website, expressing his reasons for leaving. Notably, he revealed the Reds did everything to try to convince him to stay:

Quote:
It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.
But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.
I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

The eventual fee paid by Barcelona is believed to be significantly lower than the release clause inserted in his Liverpool contract.
Spanish football and Bleacher Report UK expert Guillem Balague reports the deal is worth £64 million:

Quote:
The figures of Suárez cost: clause was €100 milion. FCB paid €81. The sale of Alexis (€34.6+3 depending targets) helped reduce the cost

Suarez spent the past three-and-a-half seasons with Liverpool. He emerged as one of the most prolific goalscorers in Europe over that time, and he reached new heights by netting 31 goals in 33 Premier League appearances last campaign.
However, the 2012/13 season ended on a low note when he was handed a 10 match ban for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic. It was the second such issue involving the striker, who was suspended for seven matches after a 2010 incident while with Ajax.

Then, shockingly, he did it again at the World Cup. This time he sunk his teeth into Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini and was handed a major punishment by FIFA, which included a ban from nine international matches as well as from football activity for a period of four months.
Unfortunately, those two extremes are what Suarez brings to the table: an immense talent who can be prone to some poor choices that force his club into difficult predicaments.

That said, in the world of football, where dynamic strikers capable of carrying an attack are tough to come by, the skill is always going to shine through. For clubs in need of a spark, Suarez's upside is more than enough to offset the mistakes he's made.
If Suarez is able to keep a level head, it's impossible to doubt his immense value. The 27-year-old Uruguayan international possesses a well-rounded offensive skill set, highlighted by his ability to bury chances with terrific efficiency.
The Reds noted he was rated as the top player in the Premier League by WhoScored.com this past season

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote