View Single Post
Old 02-06-11, 14:31   #4
bigbenn

bigbenn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: why i dont ever have luck in my love life

Hi,
I'm a few months short of 65 and my last and second marriage ended about 25 years ago. I've come close once or twice to a third turn before the mast, but never quite made it as I saw the mistake I was about to make, before it was too late.
Now, cynic that I am, I make friends with women and enjoy whatever treats come my way and when we move apart, we do so as friends - but I enjoy my freedom and wish, in hindsight, that I'd never married. My first wife left me for a fella 2 years older than her oldest son (no competition there) and the 2nd one had me insured to the hilt and tried to get me to kill myself for the Insurance payout and she did that after 5 to 6 years with each of her ex spouses...sometimes she got a win and sometimes (like me) she did not. Personally, I think the women of today, with a few exceptions, are chasing the mighty Buck and if you happen to be the vehicle they use to get it, at your eventual expense, then you are better off without them.
As a final advice, have a look at her mother. Could you live with her mother now? If the answer is no, then get your running shoes on and do a runner while you still can - by the same token, from a woman's point of view, have a look at his Dad and then do a runner if you can't stand the idea of living with his Dad now - because, whatever and which sex - that's what your intended is going to look like and be like and nothing you can say or do will change that, with relations to how they live with and treat you.
I had a look at my second wife's to be, mother and she past my tests with flying colours. It was only after we got married, my beloved wife, happened to mention her @mother@ was her stepmother and I never got to see her real mother (nor would I have wanted to, as it happens)
LOL BigBenn LOL
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbenn For This Useful Post:
Evilovum (06-06-11)