View Single Post
Old 23-05-14, 21:37   #6
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: UFC 173: Main Card Staff Predictions

Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson

Kontek
At this point, Dan Henderson needs to be used as a novelty, not a stepping stone. Matching him up with Daniel Cormier, especially after fighting not long ago, seems like a bad idea. Cormier's wrestling is better and is just on another level than a past-his-prime Henderson. He grinds his way to a win.
Cormier, unanimous decision

Amos
Henderson's come-from-behind win over Shogun was a career-saver, but how you go from the precipice of 0-4 over your last four bouts to a fight with the No. 4 light heavyweight in the UFC is beyond me. Then again, people have gone from the drive-through window to fighting Cormier before. But I digress. Cormier takes this one without much difficulty.
Cormier, TKO, Rd. 2

MacDonald
I just can’t see this bout being competitive. Hendo may have won his last fight, but it was only by virtue of a Hail Mary punch. Cormier looks better every time we see him, while Henderson seemingly deteriorates a little more each time. I don’t expect Hendo’s once-peerless chin to hold up against Cormier on Saturday night.
Cormier, TKO, Rd. 2

Smith
Although his shot at UFC gold hasn't come as quickly as he'd have liked, Cormier is one of the best in the world, whether it be in the heavyweight or light heavyweight division.
An MMA legend, Henderson will be a good test for Cormier, but the former Pride FC champion appears to be fading at 43 years old. Henderson's wrestling isn't what it once was, so expect Cormier to keep this fight in close quarters, where he'll be safe from his opponent's big right hand.

Harris
"Hendo has that big right hand, which he will look to throw, and maybe he will win with that, and maybe he will not."
I’m so tired of that sentence. Breaking down a Hendo fight on an MMA site is like breaking down a hot dog at a barbecue. You start to get an eyeball headache from the sheer prospect of either giving or receiving the analysis.
Cormier will mash him against the fence and hold him there, maybe trip him down a couple of times for fun. No way will he bang with Hendo, as he also watches fighting. Cormier will dominate, but not in such a fashion that it will cause Hendo to rethink his trajectory. See you back here in, say, early October.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (25-05-14)