View Single Post
Old 23-05-14, 21:22   #5
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: UFC 173: Main Card Staff Predictions

Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Ellenberger

USA TODAY Sports
Jake Ellenberger

Kontek
This is probably the toughest matchup to call on the entire card. I really like the way Robbie Lawler has
been fighting recently, but I have a ton of confidence in Jake Ellenberger. Here's a coin. Flip it, call it in the air and that's how you pick the winner here. I will take Ellenberger in the upset. Ellenberger, unanimous decision

Amos
Lawler has been on a tear lately, while Ellenberger...not so much. Still, The Juggernaut has the tools to win this fight and could very well do just that if he figures out how to deploy those tools efficaciously. Hard as it is to pick against Lawler at this point, I'm calling the upset, believing that Ellenberger will be able to get the takedown when he needs to and win on points in a closely contested affair.
Ellenberger, unanimous decision

MacDonald
I suspect a lot of people are going to be picking Lawler here, but I have a feeling his run of good form is going to come to an end at UFC 173. When Ellenberger is on his game, he is a handful for anyone in the welterweight division, and I expect him to be at the top of his game Saturday. That being said, both men are so powerful that the fight could really go either way.
Ellenberger, TKO, Rd. 2

Smith
Lawler has had issues with wrestlers throughout his MMA career, but most of those problems came in the middleweight division. Since returning to the UFC as a welterweight, Lawler has looked solid against Johny Hendricks and Josh Koscheck, who both have stronger amateur wrestling resumes than Ellenberger.
Martin Kampmann stopped Ellenberger with knees, and Lawler possesses some of the nastiest knees in the business. I expect Lawler to remain standing long enough to land one of those knees.
Lawler, TKO, Rd. 2

Harris
Earlier this week when I did my complete event guide, I thought I was being all sneaky picking against Lawler. Apparently not. Ellenberger will be a more athletic (and enthusiastic) wrestler should he choose to test that phase. He can even go strike for strike with Lawler if he can find his footwork.
Most of all, this guy wants to throw that Rory MacDonald horse apple as far away from himself as it will fly. It's been tangled in his hair for months. And doing that means handling Lawler on Saturday, and I know I'd do whatever I could.
Ellenberger, unanimous decision

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (25-05-14)