View Single Post
Old 23-05-14, 21:18   #4
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: UFC 173: Main Card Staff Predictions

Takeya Mizugaki vs. Francisco Rivera

USA TODAY Sports
Takeya Mizugaki

Kontek
This has serious potential to be Fight of the Night. Both Francisco Rivera and Takeya Mizugaki are great strikers with a distinct style. Whereas Rivera is a headhunter and knockout artist, Mizugaki is technically sound and has a solid chin. Mizugaki will mix it up to the body and wear Rivera out. That will earn him a decision in a wild shootout.
Mizugaki, unanimous decision

Amos
Two unheralded bantamweights square off in a fight with more title implication than most people seem to realize. Both fighters have been rolling of late, and I expect Mizugaki to keep on rolling, outpointing Rivera on the feet.

MacDonald
I’m looking forward to this one. For my money, this fight hasn’t received nearly as much attention as it deserves. It’s tough to pick a winner here, with both men being so evenly matched in almost every area. I’m going to give Mizugaki the edge in what should be a terrific fight.

Smith
With knockouts in back-to-back fights and having had a knockout victory overturned prior to those two outings, Rivera is turning into one of the more dangerous strikers in the bantamweight division.
His success depends on landing that big punch, though, and that could be a problem against a smoother boxer like Mizugaki. Since he hasn't been knocked out since November 2006, Mizugaki is probably a safe bet to cruise to a decision win.

Harris
Cisco Rivera has power—maybe the most in his division—but he is no empty brawler. This should be a very entertaining fight. Both of these guys have skill and heart in spades, and they both know they’re on the brink of contention. Rivera’s power will make the difference.
Rivera, TKO, Rd. 2

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (25-05-14)