View Single Post
Old 23-03-14, 12:03   #771
jenkins4
Official Site Uploader & TECH ADVISOR

Thanked 2,768 Times in 2,105 Posts
jenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond reputejenkins4 has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 4

Default Re: Todays `Thought Of The Day`

Inspirational Life Quotes from Five Famous Speeches

When we're feeling low, we look for inspiration from people who are wiser than we are. These famous speeches from Ellen DeGeneres, Neil Gaiman, Barack Obama, JK Rowling and Steve Jobs are all great at inspiring us when things get rough. They're packed with inspirational life quotes to live by and honestly, these five celebrity speakers say things way better than we can.

Quotes:
"Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default." -JK Rowling

"You may have set-backs, and you may have failures, but you're not done - not by a longshot." -President Obama

"Don't lose faith... You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs

"I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me." JK Rowling

"The moment that you feel that, just possibly, you're walking down the street naked, exposing too much of your heart and your mind and what exists on the inside, showing too much of yourself. That's the moment you may be starting to get it right." - Neil Gaiman

"Really when I look back on it, I wouldn't change a thing. I mean, it was so important for me to lose everything because I found out what the most important thing is, is to be true to yourself. Ultimately, that's what's gotten me to this place. I don't live in fear, I'm free, I have no secrets and I know I'll always be ok, because no matter what, I know who I am." - Ellen Degeneres

"That is the great American story: young people just like you, following their passions, determined to meet the times on their own terms...A willingness to follow your passions, regardless of whether they lead to fortune and fame." - President Obama

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs
jenkins4 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jenkins4 For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (23-03-14)