View Single Post
Old 25-01-14, 19:17   #5
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default re: VIDEOs-Super Bowl XLVIII-Seahawks Beat Broncos 8-43

Storyline: Richard Sherman...Heard of Him?

Steven Bisig-USA TODAY Sports

Just in case you've been visiting the family (in Greenland) over the past several days, Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman has been the talk of the NFL.

After blowing up in a post-game interview following his huge play sealed the NFC Championship, Sherman was derided as "classless" and a "thug."

Even NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell chimed in on the subject.

From John Breech of CBS Sports:
Quote:
It's an emotional game, and you see a young man who comes off the field and he's pumped up, and there's so much excitement in the stadium, but no, I'm not cheering for that.
He's a great young man, he's extremely well spoken, does great things off the field, obviously a great player on the field. I want him to present himself in the best possible way, and make sure that he's reflecting on himself and his family in a positive way. He took away a little bit from the team. That was what he said [this week]. I thought that was a very interesting comment and I think it's fair.
Sherman did indeed apologize for his actions, although he also criticized the way he was characterized:
Quote:
The only reason it bothers me, is because it seems like it’s the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays.
It’s like, everybody else said the N-word, and then they said ‘thug,’ and they’re like, ‘Oh, that’s fine.' And that’s where it kind of takes me aback, and it’s kind of disappointing, because they know.
What’s the definition of a thug, really? Can a guy on a football field just talking to people — maybe I’m talking loudly, and talking like I’m not supposed to — but there were hockey fights. There was a hockey game where they didn’t even play hockey, they just threw the puck aside and started fighting. I saw that and I said, ‘Oh man, I’m the thug? What’s going on here?
So I’m really disappointed in being called a thug.
The fact that a great play became an outburst that's turned into a debate on race and perception in sports and society is Richard Sherman in a nutshell.

Media day can't get here soon enough!

Prediction: Sherman Will Show Up Big in Super Bowl

Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports

Of course, Richard Sherman is also an immensely talented young cornerback.
For the second straight year, Sherman intercepted eight passes in 2013 en route to being named a first-team All-Pro. Pro Football Focus, (subscription required) ranked Sherman sixth at his position this season, and the 25-year-old allowed an NFL-low 47.3 passer rating against him.

Also, as I pointed out in an article earlier this week, Sherman has made it a habit throughout his career of clamping down when he's faced off against "elite" wide receivers.

None of that bodes well for Demaryius Thomas in Super Bowl XLVIII.

Neither does the fact that Denver quarterback Peyton Manning is no dummy.

Manning smells blood in the water better than any quarterback in the NFL. He will find the weak link in a secondary and exploit that weakness without mercy.

In other words, Manning won't be targeting Sherman much.

However, if Denver gets in a second-half hole all bets are off, and whether it's a result of Manning pressing the action or Sherman making another ridiculous play on the ball it's hard to see Sherman squandering an opportunity to shine in the spotlight.

Love him or hate him, Richard Sherman comes to play.

Prediction: 5 targets, two completions allowed, 33 yards allowed, four tackles, one interception, one pass defensed

continued......

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES