View Single Post
Old 18-10-13, 23:26   #4
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: UFC 166: Main Card Staff Predictions

Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez

Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports

Craig Amos

Picking a Sanchez fight is not the easiest thing in the world since you never really know what you're going to get. At times, The Ultimate Fighter 1winner looks outstanding, while at others, downright average. I'll go with the less athletic but far more consistent option in Melendez here, but I'll say he requires the full 15 to wrest the W.
Melendez, Unanimous decision

James MacDonald
Diego Sanchez’s self-belief is simply unshakable, but it’s tough for me to visualise a path to victory for the TUF season one veteran. Gilbert Melendez does everything that little-bit better than Sanchez, with the exception of his submission game. However, Melendez’s exceptional takedown defence is near-insurmountable for Sanchez to overcome. Expect “El Nino” to box his way to a lopsided unanimous decision.
Melendez, Unanimous Decision

Riley Kontek
Former Strikeforce champ Gilbert Melendez takes on Diego Sanchez, whose recent fame comes from pulling a Van Helsing-like move when entering the Octagon against Jake Ellenberger. Melendez looked good in his bout with former champ Benson Henderson and is extremely well-rounded with great striking, wrestling and jiu-jitsu. Sanchez has slowed down as of recent due to the amount of punishment he has taken in his career. I just don't see any way the Cesar Gracie disciple takes a loss here, even though Sanchez is quite rugged.
Melendez, Unanimous Decision

Sean Smith
Sanchez never makes things easy on any type of opponent, but he has had difficulty with good offensive wrestlers. Having taken down Benson Henderson and Josh Thompson in his past two outings, Melendez is good enough to ground Sanchez multiple times. Melendez is going to have a tough time finishing the durable Sanchez, but he should be able to come away with a victory on Saturday.

Scott Harris
Melendez holds off the takedowns, keeps Sanchez at the end of his punches and that's it.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (19-10-13)