View Single Post
Old 29-09-13, 21:35   #2
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: Wilson Kipsang Breaks Marathon World Record in Berlin

& He Celebrated Breaking that Marathon World Record,,,
-with a "Small" Glass of Beer!

Kenyan Wilson Kipsang smashed the marathon world record by just 15 seconds as he stormed to the Berlin title on Sunday.

Fastest: The last time the record was broken also happened to be at the Berlin marathon

Heroes welcome: Kenya's Florence Kiplagat and Kipsang both received giant glasses of beer for winning

'I was feeling strong so I decided to push,' Wilson Kipsang told Eurosport.

'I'm very happy that I've won and at breaking the world record.'

Wilson Kipsang's achievement marks the ninth time the Berlin race has been the setting for a new world record, and the London 2012 bronze medallist sees no reason why he cannot set further records in the future.

'If I prepare very well, and with the same shape (I can go faster). Today there was a lot of wind, I was really fighting,' he said.

Record holder: Kipsang's winning time was 2hours 3 minutes and 23 seconds

Good course: The Berlin Marathon is known for producing quick times, with the word record broken here in 2011

The elite runners made the most of dry and sunny conditions to set a fast pace from the outset, and from early on it became apparent that Makau's record was under threat.

The leaders went through halfway in 1:01.32 - Wilson Kipsang had targeted 1:01.45 prior to the race - before he, Kipchoge and Geoffrey Kipsang began to pull away.
The trio passed through 35km in 1:42.36, some 20 seconds off Makau's 2011 pace, but Wilson Kipsang had plenty in reserve and slowly pulled clear.
He passed through the 40km mark in 1:57.12 - three seconds faster than Makau - and continued to press home his advantage over the final yards, eventually lowering the record by 15 seconds.

Florence Kiplagat made it a double success for Kenya as she won the women's race in 2:21.13, ahead of compatriot Sharon Cherop and Germany's Irina Mikitenko in third.

Turn out: 40,000 were thought to have taken part in this years Berlin Marathon

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (30-09-13)