View Single Post
Old 20-06-13, 21:11   #3
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Default Re: Last PhOtOs-Before Sopranos James Gandolfini Dies

Pictured: 'Heartbroken' Sopranos star Jamie-Lynn Sigler emerges after sudden death of TV dad James Galdofini

By Daily Mail, 20 June 2013

Sopranos star Jamie-Lynn Sigler has revealed she is 'heartbroken' over the death of her TV father James Gandolfini.

The actress, 32, who is pregnant with her first child, looked grief-stricken as she emerged from her home in Los Angeles on Thursday.

She spent a decade playing Meadow Soprano alongside Gandolfini, who died in Italy of a heart attack at age 51 on Wednesday.

'This news has left me heartbroken,' she said in a statement.

'I treasure my memories with him': Jamie-Lynn Sigler, pictured in LA on Thursday, has paid tribute to her TV father James Gandolfini

'I can only imagine the pain his family feels at this time, and my heart goes out to them, especially Deborah, Michael, and Liliana,' she said, referring to his wife, their 9-month-old daughter Liliana and his 13-year-old son from a previous marriage.

'I spent 10 years of my life studying and admiring one of the most brilliant actors, yes, but more importantly, one of the greatest men,' she continued.
'Jim had the ability, unbeknownst to him, to make you feel like everything would be alright if he was around. I treasure my memories with him and feel so honored that I was an up close witness to his greatness.'

Grief-stricken: The actress played Meadow Soprano for a decade

Sigler's TV mother, Edie Falco, also paid tribute to the actor.

She played Carmela Soprano, the wife of the Mob boss character, and today described herself as 'shocked and devastated.'

In a statement, she said: 'He was a man of tremendous depth and sensitivity, with a kindness and generosity beyond words. I consider myself very lucky to have spent 10 years as his close colleague.'

'One of the greatest men': The actress on set with Gandofini in 2001 and right, with the actor at an Emmys party in 2007

The Sopranos - which ran on TV from 1999 to 2007, but was worked on before it first aired - won numerous awards during its run, including the prestigious Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series twice.

Edie insists she will try and focus on the good times she and James shared, and offered her deepest condolences to his family.

She added: 'My heart goes out to his family. As those of us in his pretend [family] one hold onto the memories of our intense and beautiful time together. The love between Tony and Carmela was one of the greatest I've ever known.'

New role: Jamie-Lynn, seen here with her fiance Cutter Dykstra on Wednesday morning before the shock news, is expecting her first child

Some of the most poignant tributes since James' death have come from his castmates in The Sopranos.
Joe Gannascoli, who played Vito Spatafore, said:

'James is one guy who never turned his back on me. He was the most humble and gifted actor and person I have ever worked with ... and I will forever be indebted to him.'

Lorraine Bracco, who played gangster Tony's psychiatrist Dr. Jennifer Melfi, said: 'We lost a giant. I am utterly heartbroken.'

Mob family: Edie Falco, Gandofini, Jamie Lynn and Robert Iler in The Sopranos

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybbird For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (21-06-13)