View Single Post
Old 26-05-13, 01:08   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Asia PhOtOs-Terrorist Plants Another Huge Bomb Near Somali Airport

Woolwich Murder Suspect 'Held Two Months Ago'

Local shopkeepers say one of the suspects was part of a group of Muslim activists who had been reported to police several times.

Murder suspect Michael Adebowale

By Tom Parmenter, Sky News Correspondent UK, Sunday 26 May 2013

One of the men suspected of murdering Drummer Lee Rigby was detained by police two months ago, Sky News has been told.

Shopkeepers in south London said Scotland’s Yard’s elite unit SO15 have been monitoring Michael Adebowale for over a year.

The police inquiries have centred around the activities of a small group of Muslim men who based themselves in the shadow of the Cutty Sark ship in Greenwich.

Adebowale was part of the group that regularly preached hate at a makeshift activist stall outside shops on the high street.

Sky News can reveal that Adebowale’s group were investigated for publicly abusing soldiers who were guarding the Olympics at Royal Greenwich Park last summer.

Two months ago shopkeepers say they saw the suspect being detained by police officers - but the Metropolitan Police could not confirm or deny whether it was him.

Local traders also said Adebowale’s accomplices included a tall Asian looking man who wore glasses and a white Irish convert who had red hair and a goatee beard.

All three men wore traditional Islamic dress.

On one occasion a 25-year-old sweet shop worker complained that Adebowale launched into a horrific street rant about rape.
Local police officers told Sky News that during the Olympics in August 2012 they received complaints that Adebowale’s group were allegedly targeting soldiers and sailors staying on HMS Ocean.

The Navy’s biggest ship, housing 600 Royal Signal Corpsmen and 1200 crew, was berthed just 50 metres from Adebowale’s family home at Greenwich Quay.
Adebowale lived with his mother at Macey House on Thames Street, Greenwich, just a short distance from where the carrier was anchored.

One police officer said:

"The group used to turn up every couple of months with a table and they would give out leaflets.
"But during the Olympics they began shouting abuse at the soldiers and sailors who were guarding the park. One man was arrested.
"During the briefings we were told that SO15 were interested in them.
"It was taken seriously as the men were targeting soldiers who had to walk to and from the ship where they were staying.”

Retail assistant Aneesh Edakkavil, 32, said the police came to his souvenir shop to look at the CCTV after the incident.
The former Indian Army soldier said:

"One of them was arrested outside the shop and the police came to see me after the Olympics to gather the evidence.
"Unfortunately, the CCTV camera did not cover the area where they were shouting out so they couldn’t find anything. I do not know whether he was charged.
"The African guy, who killed the soldier in Woolwich, was there and I think he was the one that was taken away.
"They kept coming back right up until two months ago. Sometimes there was a tall guy with them."

Sky News can also reveal Adebowale was reported to the police for grooming a 12-year-old schoolboy into Islamic extremism.
A local trader, who did not wish to be named, said how he watched Adebowale brainwash the child with speeches against Britain.
The shop keeper was later told by police that Adebowale was being monitored by security services and his movements were being monitored.
A 25-year-old sweet shop worker called Claire who lives on the same Eastney Street estate where Adebowale stayed with his girlfriend said:

"About one month ago I saw him trying to get everyone to take his leaflets. He was shouting about rape, saying, “Stop causing rape”, to everyone.
"I was shaking my head saying: "What are you saying?
"I know that one day he got arrested by the police for shouting abuse at people."

A manager at Carphone Warehouse called Jamen confirmed that the Islamic stall popped up just before Christmas.
Fran, 45, said: "One day I asked him to move from outside the front door and he went quietly. He was preaching loudly. He was very nice when I asked him."

Drummer Lee Rigby died in a suspected terror attack in London

Lee Rigby's wife visits the spot where he died

Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote