View Single Post
Old 24-11-12, 14:42   #5
FreaknDavid

Thanked 7,261 Times in 4,751 Posts
FreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond reputeFreaknDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Gold Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default re: 'Macho' Camacho Dies= Violence at His Funeral

`Macho' Camacho Dies in Puerto Rico

Updated Nov 24, 2012 9:26 AM ET

Former championship boxer Hector ''Macho'' Camacho died Saturday at the hospital in Puerto Rico where he has been unconscious since he was shot in the face in an attack in his hometown.

Camacho went into cardiac arrest in the pre-dawn hours and he was then taken off life support and died shortly thereafter, said Dr. Ernesto Torres, the director of the Centro Medico trauma center in San Juan.

Camacho's mother, Maria Matias, said Friday night that she had authorized removing him from life support after his three sons had arrived from the U.S. mainland and had a chance to see their father for the last time. They managed to visit him before he died, said former pro boxer Victor ''Luvi'' Callejas, a longtime friend who has been acting as a family spokesman in recent days.

''The family destroyed,'' Callejas said outside the hospital.

Doctors had declared Camacho brain dead on Thursday. Matias had said she decided it was time for doctors to disconnect life support over the objections of the boxer's eldest son, Hector Jr., because there was no chance of recovery.

''I lost my son three days ago. He's alive only because of a machine,'' she said Friday night. ''My son is not alive. My son is only alive for the people who love him,'' she added.

identified any suspects. He said very few witnesses were cooperating.
Hector Camacho Jr. decried the violence that grips Puerto Rico, a U.S. island territory of nearly 4 million people that reported a record 1,117 homicides last year.

''Death, jail, drugs, killings,'' he said. ''That's what the streets are now.''
Camacho's sisters have said they would like to fly Camacho's body to New York and bury him there. Camacho grew up mostly in Harlem, earning the nickname the ''Harlem Heckler.''

You Can Help the site If You Donate, Please Click Here: DONATE

Thank You For Your Support & Membership To DTD1.

FreaknDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FreaknDavid For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (03-12-12)