View Single Post
Old 21-06-12, 00:48   #2
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: US Attorney General Contempt Charge

I usually don't bring political topics here. However I do keep up with them and this is the pot calling the kettle black, as mentioned in this article that both presidents prior have used executive privilege to hide what was uncomfortable to be known public. You can just about bet the Obama was in this up to his furry little ears. Most likely that is what is being hid.

What is different between other presidents usage of executive privilege to hide stuff and this Fast and Furious documents, is that no one got killed in any of the other topics hidden. That it comes up just prior to an election is not coincidence.

Bush had his own program very similar to Fast and Furious which was what this program was based on. Of course you don't hear any of that in this; only Holder and Obama. That tells you right away, it's political head hunting.

Now I have my own problems with the whole operation. Hiding the documents is only part of the problem. First off, you have the US doing gun running operations into a foreign and sovereign nation. One beset with drug executions made possible by these guns. Maybe we should just have went ahead first and declared war on Mexico? Then you have the diplomatic embarrassment of Mexico demanding when they were going to get around to telling them that the US was arming it's opponents, much the same as if Iran or some other country had come in and armed them. Here the US is beating the drum on terrorism and if waging a war on the civilian populace, the law enforcement, and politicians isn't terrorism, I need a new daffynition.

Then you have a family of a US Customs agent wanting to know why their son/father was killed with guns the US purposely allowed to go over the border. To top it all off with playing cute by hiding the info while trying to protect Holder, who has a long history of involvement with this style of gun running going back to the Bush days, is just the icing on the cake.

This is sure to beat the ant hill and watch how the scurrying happens on Washington Hill. The shame of it all, is that a government agent doing his job, died because of this little operation and no one is wanting to come clean about it all. It's an embarrassment all the way around.

*edit* I thought these words in an article were interesting enough on this topic to come back and edit my response.

Quote:
President Bill Clinton used executive privilege 14 times and President George W. Bush invoked it six times, officials said, including in cases that involved documents similar to those sought in the Fast and Furious congressional inquiry.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

Last edited by photostill; 21-06-12 at 02:22.
photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (21-06-12)