View Single Post
Old 29-04-24, 07:03   #84
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: Capitol RIOT: GOP Release of NEW Jan. 6 Footage BLOWS Up Their Biggest LIE

Capitol Riot: 'Donald Trump is Sick': Cop Battered by Rioters Furious Ex-President May Escape Justice

Michael Fanone, a Medically Retired Washington, D.C. Police Officer Who Suffered Life-Threatening Injuries During The Jan. 6 Attack on The U.S. Capitol, Condemned TRUMP Friday For Celebrating The Rioters as He Seeks a Second Term in Office.

MSRAW 29 APR 2024

The cop appeared Friday on MSNBC to discuss the former presidents' claim of absolute immunity that's under consideration by the U.S. Supreme Court.

He blasted the arguments from Trumps' attorney and questions asked by the conservative justices as infuriating.

"It was pretty difficult listening to the Supreme Court justices debate this in the abstract, having experienced so much of the end result of the president's conduct firsthand," Fanone said.

"Where is the urgency to address the matter at hand, the former president's conduct? I mean, the other thing that struck me is I'm less concerned with what the inevitable outcome is. I'm not a legal scholar and, frankly, I don't have a clue, but why has it taken so long to get here?

It's three and a half years after the American people witnessed firsthand, you know, what Donald Trump's supporters did, inspired by his lies, in a scheme, this elector scheme to subvert democracy, when they stormed the Capitol and beat the hell out of police officers.

"You know, why did it take that effort — why did we need a congressional select committee to investigate this and spoon-feed the American people probable cause, spoon-feed [Attorney General] Merrick Garland probable cause before the Department of Justice would get its act together and pursue criminal charges against the former president?"

"All of these missteps and mishandling of this conduct has resulted in, you know, what we all now, I think, have come to accept, which is this effort may be too little and too late," Fanone added.

"The American people will not see a criminal trial in which this conduct is laid to bear for all Americans, so that we can fully appreciate and understand and make a decision come November in the election."

Multiple witnesses have testified that Trump ignored family members and advisers who implored him to call off the Capitol rioters, and he has more recently celebrated them on the campaign trail and suggested he would pardon them if re-elected.

"I think you know me well enough that you can only imagine what my reaction is," Fanone said. "Listen, Donald Trump is sick, he is a sick individual, and the idea that he would align himself with criminals who attacked and assaulted law enforcement officers who were only there doing their job, it's sick. Anybody who would support that is equally demented."

ALSO READ: Bill Barr: The GOP's master 'fixer' for decades exposed

How Trump Made Fascism Fashionable Again

Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote