View Single Post
Old 03-06-12, 20:25   #2
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Breakthrough medical research could utilize oxygen blasts to regenerate human lim

It is amazing to me, how far medical advances have come. Limb regeneration?

As far as I know the only regeneration beyond tissue regrowth in the human body has been limited to teeth replacement once.

Pardon a small wander in thought at this point but probably one of the greatest drivers of advance in the medical field has been space exploration. It's always one of my stock answers for just what space exploration has given us for the money, though not the sole and only.

I am just dumbfounded at the idea that the ability of limb regeneration may be within our grasp.

We may also be the last generation to die naturally. A couple of possibles are on the horizon.

Singularity; the melding of computer and personality is not yet here but many scientists claim it is within sight.

The death by aging as we know it may also be in sight with the recent discovery and mapping of the newest gene discovery in it's functions. It appears the same gene is unusual as it both controls the reproduction of the end of the gene tips as well as triggers the immune system. The lack of exact tip regeneration and the shorting of the tips over time as they replicate is associated with aging. It is possible we will be the last generation to die of old age.

Thank you for the interesting article.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

photostill is offline   Reply With Quote