View Single Post
Old 07-03-24, 14:11   #55
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies 2024: Ignore Polls-Lawmaker Says TRUMP in DEEP Trouble BUT Gleeful-Delays in 2 Trials

'Ignore The Polls': Former GOP Lawmaker Claims TRUMP is in DEEP Trouble

Smirking: Why Americas’ BIAS Judges Have Made TRUMP Gleeful - Delays in DC and Florida Trials

The former president is ‘jubilant’ after the supreme courts’ Colorado ruling and likely delays in DC and Florida

The Guardian 7 MAR 2024 

Appearing on MSNBC's "Way Too Early," with host Jonathan Lemire, former Rep. Dave Jolly (R-FL) predicted Donald Trump is headed for a fall if he is on the ballot in November facing President Joe Biden.

Reading the tea leaves from Tuesday's "Super Tuesday," primary results, the former lawmaker pointed to Trump's glaring weakness with non-MAGA voters and independent voters who gave every indication he won't be able to gain their votes.

"Give us your brief assessment simply of what these primaries showed us about Trump's strengths and, more importantly, his weaknesses," host Lemire prompted his guest.

"I think Donald Trump is in a lot of trouble," Jolly bluntly replied.

"I mean, we look at the polls," he elaborated. "You see nationally he's up a few points over Joe Biden, we looked at the electoral map. The truth is, this coalition of soft Republicans and independents who have chosen Democrats over Republicans, they were there in '18, '20, '22. They're still there in '24."

"In '24, we actually have the motivating issues, like Dobbs and reproductive freedom that we didn't have in '16 and '20," he continued. "I think Donald Trump is in trouble. Ignore the polls for a minute. I would much rather be in Joe Biden's position today than Donald Trump's."

On The Docket: The SUPREME Court is Suddenly Making TRUMP ‘Jubilant’

Donald Trump: time to celebrate?

On Monday, Donald Trump did something he has rarely done in the past few months: he heaped praise on judges.

“I want to start by thanking the supreme court for its unanimous decision today,” he said in remarks at his Mar-a-Lago home, shortly after the US supreme court ruled that he was wrongly removed from Colorado’s primary ballot, in a decision that guarantees he’ll be able to appear on every state’s ballots this fall.

“It was a very important decision, very well crafted. I think it will go a long way toward bringing our country together, which our country needs.”

In the past week, judges have given Trump a lot to smile about.

The supreme court’s ruling that he can’t be removed from the ballot came just days after the same court decided to effectively delay his Washington DC federal election interference trial for months, possibly pushing it past election day and derailing the trial entirely. On Wednesday, the court announced that it would hear arguments for that case on 25 April – the absolute final day of the court’s calendar for oral arguments.

Guardian US reporter Hugo Lowell writes that Trump “has been jubilant” over the supreme court’s move, and has repeatedly raised the topic “every day since” it happened, according to people close to him.

On Friday, Trump smirked and smiled as he watched Judge Aileen Cannon, a judge in Florida he appointed to the federal bench who’s now overseeing his classified documents case, make clear she was in no rush to get that trial moving and was likely to delay its start date.

Cannon told prosecutors that one part of their proposed schedule was “unrealistic”, a sign she wouldn’t accept their proposed July trial date. And she declined to actually schedule anything during last Friday’s scheduling hearing – an unusual approach that charitably indicates the rookie judge is moving very deliberately through the process, and could even suggest she’s aiming to slow the trial down as much as possible.

Trump Responds To Reporter Asking Him About Voter Reaction To Legal Troubles

Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote