View Single Post
Old 06-03-24, 02:00   #1410
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,110 Times in 995 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Sticks and Stones

"You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the LORD." - Leviticus 19:16

We have all heard the old saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." It would be nice if that were true, but words can hurt and harm others. Once spoken, words cannot be taken back. Leviticus 19 instructs us on how to treat our neighbors and avoid causing them harm. Sadly, insults and defamation are common even outside of politics, and they can happen in the workplace, church, and even within families.

We should not use words or actions that destroy others, but instead, pray for those with whom we have issues and love them as God commands us to. Take a moment to assess your words and ensure they are edifying to others.

If you find yourself becoming cynical towards someone or about some issue or place, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to adjust your attitude instead of speaking words you will regret. Remember that we are to demonstrate God's love to everyone and not view others as our enemies.

Pray with me:
Dear God, thank You for the guidance we receive from Your word. Please forgive us for any harmful words we have spoken towards our neighbors. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit so we may speak, act, and think in ways that honor You and do not harm others. Help us to live by Hebrews 3:13, "But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called 'today,' that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin." In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (21-03-24)