View Single Post
Old 23-05-12, 00:44   #3
photostill
The Enigma

Thanked 1,524 Times in 928 Posts
photostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant futurephotostill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Listening to loud music linked with pot use...

I have no clue what pot costs today. Don't hang around the crowd and not in the market as they say. I am more concerned with what groceries cost that I do have to have as opposed to what something of entertainment might cost. Given a choice between the two, I'll pick a fully belly every time. Nor do I need any sort of law to ensure that's how I live my life.

But there are some stereotypes that just won't fade. People on government assistance doing drugs with the money instead of buying life's necessities is one such stereotype. Governor Scott of Fla was one that helped push through a law that all who applied for such funds would have to be tested and the test paid with their own money for those applying for state aid.

Here are folk not too proud of the circumstances they find themselves in, broke because of the economic situation, and at a time when they can afford it least having to pay the state government for mandatory drug testing. Of course there isn't any reason to mention that Governor Scott profits off the drug tests by his wife owning the state approved testing facility.

The state court has since ruled that testing with no evidence of wrong doing is illegal and has turned off the required testing. The funny thing about all this? Less than 2% of the population tested positive for drug traces. The rest were spending the money to survive. The Florida taxpayers wound up with a huge bill for the drug tests and the court cases when it was fought at a time when they could have been spending the money that was needed in other places worse. One of the radio announcers offered to pay for the drug tests if Governor Scott or any of the state legislature would take it. None would willingly do so. That should tell you where the problem really is.

All in all, it shows a mind set. One that is a mixture of stereotype and corruption. Governor Scott should have been run out of the state, tarred and feathered for that stunt.

You can help this site, by clicking on the link below to buy a Premium Account.
& Thank you for helping us. Click;

Last edited by photostill; 23-05-12 at 00:51.
photostill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to photostill For This Useful Post:
FreaknDavid (25-05-12)