View Single Post
Old 05-02-24, 23:10   #200
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: ROYALS: Princess of Wales Recovering & On Hols With Prince William & Children

King Charles III Diagnosed With CANCER: Monarch, 75, Postpones Public Duties and Returns to London For Immediate Treatment

Prince Harry Flying Back to London in Emergency Trip to Be With His Father

Medics Spotted Condition While He Was Undergoing Surgery For Enlarged Prostate

MailOnline 6 FEB 2024

Kings' cancer diagnosis will mean Prince William will shoulder more responsibility than ever without Kate Middleton by his side

The 75-year-old monarch left the London Clinic last Monday

A shocked globe has rallied around King Charles tonight after he revealed that he is battling cancer and is stepping back from public duties during his treatment.

The 75-year-old monarch has said he hopes that his diagnosis 'may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.'

With Prince Harry set to board a plane back to Britain to be with his father as early as tonight and Prince William to take on some of the King's duties as the Princess of Wales recovers from abdominal surgery, world statesmen and religious leaders sent their love and support to the King and the Royal Family at this difficult time.

And as crowds gathered outside Buckingham Palace to send best wishes to His Majesty, British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak declared: 'Wishing His Majesty a full and speedy recovery. I have no doubt he'll be back to full strength in no time and I know the whole country will be wishing him well.'

US President Joe Biden said tonight that he is 'concerned' about the King and plans to call him later. He told reporters: 'I'm concerned about him. Just heard about his diagnosis. I'll be talking to him, God willing'.

He later tweeted: 'Navigating a cancer diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship takes hope and absolute courage. Jill and I join the people of the United Kingdom in praying that His Majesty experiences a swift and full recovery'.

Former President Donald Trump wrote on his Truth Social network that the king was 'a wonderful man' and that 'we all pray that he has a fast and full recovery'.

Cardinal Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster, said: 'I am saddened to learn that King Charles is now facing a time of treatment for cancer. On behalf of the entire Catholic Community in England and Wales, I offer His Majesty our warmest wishes and assurance of steadfast prayers for his full and speedy recovery. God bless the King'.

Chief Rabbi, Sir Ephraim Mirvis, said: 'I am saddened to have heard about His Majesty The King's diagnosis. I know that the Jewish communities of Great Britain and the Commonwealth will join me in wishing him a Refuah Sheleima - a complete and swift recovery'.

The King is understood to have personally informed his sons Prince William and Prince Harry about his condition.

The Duke of Sussex will travel to the UK to see him in the coming days, a source close to Harry said. It is not yet clear if Meghan, Archie and Lilibet will head to the UK but there are claims in the US that they will remain in Montecito.

Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote