View Single Post
Old 26-01-24, 08:53   #63
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: WOW Dig Deep MR TRUMP Your Mouthy Comments & Malicious Posts Cost You $83.3MIL

TRUMP Says This is Not America as He Testifies For Just THREE MINUTES in E. Jean Carroll Trial

Ex-president tells jury the columnists' rape accusation was 'false' - as she seeks MORE than $10m in damages as case goes to closing arguments

MailOnline 26 JAN 2024

TRUMP testifies in his own defense at civil defamation Trial 'I never met this woman'

>> This image released by Kaplan Hecker & Fink and presented as evidence during former President Donald Trump's deposition shows E. Jean Carroll, second from left, and her then-husband John Johnson, center, meeting Trump, at left, and his wife Ivanka at an event in the 1980's. During his deposition, Trump mistook Carroll as Marla Maples, his ex-wife

Former Elle Editor-in-Chief Robbie Myers testifies on E. Jean Carroll behalf

His lawyer Alina Habba

Former president Donald Trump dramatically took the witness stand and told a court he had never met E. Jean Carroll, the writer who accuses him of sexually attacking her in a department store in the 1990s.

From the stand Trump told a civil jury he wanted to defend himself and 'the presidency' by calling out accusations that were 'totally false'.

Before giving evidence he was rebuked by the judge for speaking too loudly from his seat, and the judge then repeatedly cut him off during his testimony, making him stick to yes or no answers.

As he left Trump looked back at the packed courtroom, shook his head, and said: 'This is not America. Not America. This is not America.'

Trump was on the stand for three minutes as his lawyer Alina Habba asked him a short series of questions.

The former president has already been found liable for sexually abusing Carroll in a previous civil trial last year, which he did not attend.

She is now seeking at least $10 million in damages for defamation after Trump continued to publicly deny her allegations.

Trump is trying to convince the current jury that he should not have to pay Carroll anything.

As he was set to give evidence on Thursday in Manhattan, Trump turned to Habba and said loudly: 'I don't know who the woman (Carroll) is. I never met this woman.' That led to the rebuke from U.S. District Court Judge Lewis A. Kaplan.

'I'm sorry, Mr Trump, you're interrupting these proceedings by talking loudly while your attorney is talking and that is not permitted,' the judge said.

After Trump took the stand Trump said he '100 percent' stood by answers he gave in a deposition in October 2022 when he called the allegations “a made-up story.”

Habba asked if the former president if he saw Carroll's allegation as false.

'Yes I did,' Trump said. 'She said something that I considered a false accusation, totally false.'

Judge Kaplan then interrupted Trump, saying: 'Everything after "yes I did" is stricken (from the record).'

Habba asked Trump if he had made statements to hurt Carroll.

The former president said: 'No, I just wanted to defend myself, my family and frankly the presidency.'

Last May, another jury ordered Trump to pay Carroll $5 million after he denied her rape claim in October 2022.

Kaplan, who has presided at both trials, has ruled that the first trial established that Trump defamed and sexually abused Carroll.

The only issues for the nine jurors in the current trial is how much money Trump should pay Carroll, if any, for damaging her reputation - and how much, if any, he should pay as punishment and to dissuade him from defaming her again.

A damages expert testified on Carrolls' behalf that the damage to her reputation could be as high as $12.1 million.

Trumps legal team has said damages should be nominal or zero, and that Carroll has gained more than whatever she might have lost by pursuing and gaining her newfound fame.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote