View Single Post
Old 16-01-24, 20:06   #1397
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,110 Times in 995 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

You are Not Alone

"As soon as his master heard the words that his wife spoke to him, "This is the way your servant treated me," his anger was kindled. And Joseph's master took him and put him into the prison, the place where the king's prisoners were confined, and he was there in prison. But the LORD was with Joseph and showed him steadfast love and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. And the keeper of the prison put Joseph in charge of all the prisoners who were in the prison. Whatever was done there, he was the one who did it. The keeper of the prison paid no attention to anything that was in Joseph's charge, because the LORD was with him. And whatever he did, the LORD made it succeed." -- Genesis 39:19-23

The story of Joseph's life reminds us of the importance of faithfully following and obeying God despite the challenges we encounter along the way. Joseph endured enslavement, was betrayed by his own brothers, and was even falsely accused, subsequently landing in prison. Remarkably, even in such dire circumstances, Joseph remained faithful and obedient to God. It is worth noting that Joseph's unwavering faith and devotion led him to receive divine favor. Through all of Joseph's challenges, the Lord was with him. Take time to read Genesis 37-39 if you have not already.

We have all likely encountered the phrase "life isn't fair." It may actually seem like unfortunate events are constantly targeting us. However, as followers of Jesus, it is crucial to remember that God is with us even during the most challenging times. Life is filled with challenges and obstacles that often leave us feeling overwhelmed, but it is vital to shift our focus from our problems to the blessings bestowed upon us by the Lord. I am reminded of the modern-day worship songs "I Am Not Alone" by Kari Jobe and "Oh My Soul" by Mark Hall and Casting Crowns, which testify we are not alone or abandoned by God.

As a pastor and a person who loves people, my heart hurts when I hear stories of friends and strangers, young and old, who are dealing with health issues, hearing how someone has been mistreated and hurt by words and false accusations, or experiencing the loss of a job. Dear friends, despite our difficult circumstances, we must hold steadfast in the belief that as followers of Jesus, we are never alone or forgotten. God has not abandoned us, even if it feels that way when we are faced with the stark reality of our circumstances. Even as God remained with Joseph and gave him favor, we can have the same assurance as faithful followers of God.

Beloved, though you may not be facing imprisonment, you may find yourself in a trying day or season. In these times, I implore you to stay steadfast in your faith, trusting God's unwavering presence by your side. Even when facing another day or taking another step seems impossible, remember that God will carry you through the storm.

Just as the Lord provided Joseph with favor in the face of adversity, He can also grant you favor amid your difficulties and challenges. Therefore, I urge you to hold onto hope, keeping your eyes fixed upon Jesus, for it is through Him that the Lord will utilize both you and your circumstances to bring glory to His name.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, I praise you that You are God. I come before You to confess my sins and turn from my ways to Your ways. Lord, may the Holy Spirit be free to work in my life, mold me, and make me into the person You desire me to be. Lord, may I be found faithful to You no matter my circumstances. I thank You, God, for never leaving me. I thank you for loving me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (16-02-24)