View Single Post
Old 23-12-23, 11:48   #149
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: Giuliani Blames TRUMP For Bankruptcy-'He Never Paid His Election Case Legal Fees’

Supreme Court Won't Immediately Settle TRUMP Immunity Claim

The Supreme Court Helped TRUMPS’ Delay Strategy.

Ex-presidents' trial on election subversion charges faces long delay after special prosecutors' request turned down

The Guardian 23 DEC 2023

TRUMP won a significant legal victory after the Supreme Court turned down a request from special prosecutor Jack Smith to expedite his claim for immunity.

The decision means that TRUMPS’ trial on four election subversion charges, which was due to start on March 4, is likely to be delayed for several months.

As a result of the ruling, TRUMPS’ attempt to have the case dismissed on the grounds of presidential immunity will have to work its way through the appeal courts.

He seized on the ruling to send out another fundraising appeal....AS USUAL...

“I will still have to fight for my rights in the Appeals Court – as the Biden Special Counsel will do everything in their power to rush my fake trial and wrongly convict me before the 2024 election.”

The former president, who faces a barrage of litigation, has sought to delay the cases until after the election in the hope that he will be able to order the Justice Department to dismiss the charges if he returns to the White House.

Mr Smith sought to head off the delay, at least in the Jan 6 trial, by asking the Supreme Court to fast-track a hearing on immunity cTRUMPS’laim, enabling the case to start as scheduled in March.

He urged the justices to bypass the appeals court system to protect the original trial timetable.

‘An Extraordinary Case’

Mr Smith wrote;
“This case presents a fundamental question at the heart of our democracy: whether a former president is absolutely immune from federal prosecution for crimes committed while in office or is constitutionally protected from federal prosecution when he has been impeached but not convicted before the criminal proceedings begin,”

“The United States recognises that this is an extraordinary request,” he added. “This is an extraordinary case.”

Tanya Chutkan, who is hearing the subversion case, rejected TRUMPS’ claims of absolute immunity because the actions took place while he was still in office.

However, Judge Chutkan also put the case on hold until higher courts had ruled on the former presidents’ immunity claims.

TRUMPS’lawyers argued that Mr Smiths’ attempt to fast-track the immunity hearing was politically motivated.

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote