View Single Post
Old 01-12-23, 08:15   #1
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies Edinburgh Zoos’ Giant Pandas to Return to China

Edinburgh Zoos’ Giant Pandas Prepare to Return to China

They have lived in the UK since 2011 but will be returning to China in December.

BBC 1 DEC 2023

Tian Tian likes to keep to herself and choose when she interacts...I am happy HERE..

Visitors to Edinburgh Zoo in Scotland are saying goodbye to giant pandas Tian Tian and Yang Guang ahead of their journey back to China.

Preparations are under way to safely send them home, but for security reasons, the date of their departure will be kept under wraps.

The pair were originally only supposed to stay for 10 years, but the unique loan deal was extended due to the Covid pandemic.

Andi McLean said he was chosen to cut the ribbon on the pandas' enclosure when they first arrived in Edinburgh

Andi McLean, 53, made the three-hour train journey up from his home in Warrington in Cheshire to see the pandas for the last time - a trip he has four or five times a year since they first arrived in Scotland in 2011. "I've loved pandas since I was little," he said, "So when the pandas came to the zoo, I was the first to book tickets to see them.

Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote