View Single Post
Old 28-11-23, 20:41   #1379
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,110 Times in 995 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

The Light of the World

In John 9: 1-7, Jesus encountered a man blind from birth.

"As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?' Jesus answered, 'It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.' Having said these things, he spit on the ground and made mud with the saliva. Then he anointed the man's eyes with the mud and said to him, 'Go, wash in the pool of Siloam' (which means Sent). So he went and washed and came back seeing."

Jesus showed compassion, and He restored the sight of the man. As we continue reading John 9, we see the act completed by Jesus igniting a debate with religious leaders.

We have many takeaways from John 9, but I want to address two points.

First, as followers of Jesus, we need to recognize spiritual blindness. The physical healing of the blind man parallels our spiritual journey. We were spiritually blind before meeting Jesus. Let's remember that Jesus is the light of the world, and it is Jesus who brings us out of darkness.

Ask the Lord to identify the areas of spiritual blindness in your life. As a follower of Jesus, has your vision become obstructed by the evening news, social media, personal agendas, or other distractions that hinder your spiritual sight to see God's love and how He is working? I invite you to call out to Jesus and seek Him so nothing hinders His light from guiding your every step. As you seek the Lord, ask Him to open your spiritual eyes to see as He sees. One step you can take is to spend time reading your Bible daily.

Second, as followers of Jesus, we need to be bold witnesses and demonstrate perseverance. In John 9:13 and the following verses, we see the healed man being a bold witness for Jesus in the face of opposition. Beloved, as followers of Christ, we are called to stand firm and testify about the transforming power of Christ in our own lives. Be encouraged by the blind man sharing his story as you stand firm for Jesus and testify to the work God is doing. Knowing your testimony will encourage others to embrace the truth of Christ and lead them to walk in His light. AMEN
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (29-11-23)