View Single Post
Old 21-11-23, 20:28   #1378
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,110 Times in 995 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

God Loves You

You have probably seen a sign or banner in the public square with John 3:16 on it. It is one of the most quoted verses in the Bible. Today's reading from Stand on the Word comes from the Gospel of John, Chapters 2 and 3. I encourage you to read both today.

Max Lucado, a pastor and well-known author, wrote a book on this verse entitled 3:16, The Numbers of Hope. Yes, John 3:16 offers us hope in Jesus. As you read and reflect on this verse, may you see that the most incredible testimony of love is shared here: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Take a deep breath and recognize the magnitude of this verse that captures God's heart. God is God, our Creator, who demonstrates the greatest act of love, for He sent His son to live and die for us so that we could have eternal life with Him. It is a love like no other we could ever imagine. His act of love offers us hope.

As you go throughout your life, I want to remind you that God's love for you is right before you, and if you are not yet a follower of Jesus, you can come to Jesus just as you are today. God's love for you is personal. Friend, God didn't just love the world -- He loves you. You may have experienced being lost and a sense of being unlovable. Even in those moments, God was near, and His love for you was steadfast.

This verse is good news as it offers hope through a promise He will never break as you come in faith to Jesus. The greatest gift of all is the invitation to experience God's forgiveness and receive Jesus as your Savior. Take a moment to examine your heart. Have you fully embraced this gift of love?

Read John 3 and then reread verses 12-21. As you do, I pray the Holy Spirit takes these familiar verses and awakens your heart to live each day knowing how much God loves you and that He sent His Son to die so you can have life here and life eternal. The love of God offers us hope, love, and eternal life.

If you follow Christ, I pray this post encourages you to go out and tell others that God loves them. If you have never placed your faith in Jesus Christ, I encourage you to invite Jesus into your life today. When you ask Jesus into your life, tell a friend, family member, or pastor that you have received Him as your Lord and Savior.

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us and for sending Your son to die so that we could have life here and eternal life with You. Lord, may we be found faithful to live our lives knowing that You love us and that we need to love as You love. Lord, lead us to focus on others and equip us so others can hear and experience the love of Jesus. In Jesus' name, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (29-11-23)