View Single Post
Old 16-11-23, 00:58   #35
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies Re: Princess Diana-Queen of Hearts' LAST Phone Call-What Really Happened Before Her D

What Really Happened Hours Before Princess Dianas' Death

How Did Princess Diana Die? Everything to Know About Her Tragic Passing

60 Minutes Australia 16 NOV 2023

Diana, princess of Wales, (born July 1, 1961, Sandringham, Norfolk, England—died August 31, 1997, Paris, France), former consort (1981–96) of Charles, prince of Wales (later Charles III); mother of the heir apparent to the British throne, Prince William (born 1982); and one of the foremost celebrities of her day.

The death of Princess Diana in 1997 was a major moment in history that is garnering attention all over against thanks to The Crown. The upcoming sixth and final season of the hit Netflix series will examine the tragic accident that killed Prince William and Prince Harry‘s mother which shocked the world and the royal family.

Over 25 years since her death, Diana is still a beloved figure in history because of her impact on fashion and her advocacy work. But the memories of her passing are still extremely painful for many, especially her two sons.

Diana was killed on August 31, 1997 in a traffic accident in Paris, France. The Princess of Wales, just 36 at the time of her passing, was in the French capital with her boyfriend Dodi Fayed, who she started dating after her divorce from Prince Charles (now King Charles). Diana, Dodi, Trevor Rees-Jones, her bodyguard, and Henri Paul, their driver, were trying to flee paparazzi who were on motorcycles behind them when the crashed occurred.

Henri slammed their Mercedes into a pillar at 65 mph in Paris’ Pont de l’Alma tunnel. Henri and Dodi were killed on impact, while Diana died at the hospital hours later. Trevor was the sole survivor of the crash.

It was later revealed that Henri had been driving the limousine under the influence. Diana, Dodi, and Henri were all not wearing seatbelts in the crash, an investigation found. Despite the accident, the paparazzi still remained at the scene and even photographed Diana in her final moments before she was taken to the hospital where she died. Prince Harry, 39, has gone on record saying he blames the paparazzi for his mothers’ death.

The Aftermath of Princess Dianas’ Death

The public was devastated when they learned of Diana’s death. They mourned the Princess of Wales by leaving notes and flowers outside Buckingham Palace. The royal family was shaken to the core by Diana’s death, as well.

Prince William, who was 15 at the time, and Prince Harry, who was 12 at the time, learned of their mother’s death while they were vacationing with their father, Charles, at Balmoral Castle in Scotland.

“What I do remember with stunning clarity is that I did not cry. Not a tear. My father did not hug me,” Harry recalled of the moment Charles told him Diana died in an interview with NBC News in January 2023.

William reflected on learning about the tragedy in the 2017 BBC documentary, Diana, 7 Days. “You feel very, very confused. And you keep asking yourself, ‘Why me?’ All the time, ‘Why? What have I done? Why? Why has this happened to us?’ ” he said.

Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote