View Single Post
Old 01-11-23, 20:49   #1371
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,110 Times in 995 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Praying for All

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;" - 1 Timothy 2:1-8

The book of 1 Timothy, written by the Apostle Paul, provides helpful direction to Timothy, a young leader in the early Christian church. Paul underscores the importance of prayer, highlighting its worth for all people, including those in authority. Look at these verses and see how Paul's direction to Timothy can also benefit us today.

Praying for All:

We should pray about everything. Paul mentions many forms of prayer including petitions, intercession, and thanksgiving. God desires to hear our prayers and this multidimensional approach reflects the depth and breadth of our relationship with God. We bring our needs, adoration, and gratitude before Him. Through prayer, we connect with God, petitioning God's presence in our lives and circumstances.

Praying for Leaders:

Paul issues a call to pray for those in authority, including kings and leaders. The call is a timeless reminder to pray for our leaders. Beloved, we are called to pray for those who hold positions of power regardless of whether we like them. This intercession is not just for us to check a box but a sincere request for God's guidance, wisdom, and discernment to be upon them.

Praying for Peace and Godliness:

We find a twofold purpose in praying for those in authority: first, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives, and second, that we may lead lives of godliness and holiness. Peace in our society, characterized by quietness and order, allows us to pursue lives dedicated to God. When praying for our leaders, we actively participate in the quest for a society that encourages spiritual growth.

God's Heart for Salvation:

We are praying to become more like God so our lives will draw all people to come to Him and to know Him. Remember that God offers His grace and salvation to everyone, regardless of their background, past, or circumstances. Praying for leaders and all people aligns with God's plan of redemption.

What a blessing to see in 1 Timothy 2:1-8 spiritual transformation as the people pray. The Word of God calls us to intercede for leaders, contribute to peaceful societies, and line up with God's heart for salvation. Through His Word, the Lord has given us this plan; therefore, I urge you to approach your prayer life with a renewed heart, knowing that our petitions and intercessions can shape the world and draw people closer to the truth of God. As you pray, continue to stand on the Word of God with your eyes fixed on Jesus, for He is doing a new work in our land.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the call to prayer in 2 Timothy 2:1-8. Lord Jesus, thank You for the leaders of our churches, government, universities, and businesses and may the Holy Spirit work through these leaders to seek the Lord above all else. Lord, for those in these places of leadership and authority that are in Christ, I pray they will be bold for Jesus and stand on the Word of God as they lead. For those without Christ, I pray for salvation to come to them, and that they will see the plans and purposes You have for them as they lead quiet and peaceful lives. Lord, I ask that You renew the hearts of Your people to pray with perseverance for leaders. I ask that You use those who know You as Lord and Savior to contribute to peaceful and quiet lives in our cities and towns. Lord, I pray for salvation to come to all without Christ as their Lord and Savior today. Lord, I also ask that as Your people gather to pray, they will do so without anger and conflict among them. Thank You, Lord, for working and moving upon the hearts of the leaders. We ask that You restore law and order to the cities and towns of the United States and the world, and we continue to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. In Jesus name, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote