View Single Post
Old 27-10-23, 07:47   #7
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Soccer Re: Why Saudi Arabia is Spending Billions on Football

Robbie Fowler Sacked by Saudi Side After Four Months Despite Being Second

Saudi Arabian First Division side Al Qadsiah have sacked Robbie Fowler as their manager and appointed Real Madrid legend Michel as his replacement, despite the club sitting second in the league

BBC 27 OCT 2023

Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler has been sacked by Saudi Arabian second-tier club Al Qadsiah, despite an unbeaten start to the season.

Fowler was appointed manager just four months ago, having previously coached Thai side Muangthong United, Australian outfit Brisbane Roar and Indian club East Bengal. And Al Qadsiah have made an excellent start to the new campaign under Fowler, earning six wins and two draws.

They currently sit second in the Saudi First Division, just one point behind league leaders Al Orobah, but have inexplicably decided to change the manager. In a statement on social media, the club said:

"The management of Al Qadsiah Sports Club have decided to terminate the contractual relationship with first team football coach, Mr. Robbie Fowler. The club appreciates the coach's efforts and professionalism... and wishes him all the success in his professional career."

Fowler, meanwhile, will now been looking for a new job having been open about his managerial ambitions in his regular column for Mirror Football. Back in July, Fowler wrote: "I have taken a job in the league below the Saudi Pro League because I am ambitious to become a manager, because I want to prove myself.

"I've not been been given that chance in the UK. You look at my record, and I've done well wherever I've been, despite inheriting teams who were struggling before I arrived. This is my fourth head coach job now, and I back myself to succeed in this business.

"I know people will laugh, but when I went to coach in Australia, I gave myself a five-year plan to manage in the Premier League. Yeah, you can mock, but in half a season I took a side languishing at the bottom to the top places.

"Covid absolutely ruined it of course, but it shows the desire I have to succeed. It shows the ambition and belief I have... and you don't fulfil your ambition by sitting in front of your TV watching everyone else get jobs while you don't.

"So I've gone out and backed myself. It's obvious now no one is going to give me an opportunity at home... I've applied for so many positions and not got anywhere. So I've found a project where the team can grow and my coaching can develop.

"*That happens to be in Saudi Arabia, and it is an exciting project. But it's not about money, believe me. I came to offer my experience, to build a team just as we did in Australia, in India, and Thailand. Each of the clubs we worked with, improved beyond all recognition."

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote