View Single Post
Old 03-10-23, 14:22   #1359
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,110 Times in 995 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Finding Answers at Bethel

Jacob was in a crisis yet again, and he did not know what to do. The Bible says, “Then God said to Jacob, ‘Arise, go up to Bethel and dwell there’ . . . And Jacob said . . . ‘Let us arise and go up to Bethel; and I will make an altar there to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and has been with me in the way which I have gone’” (Genesis 35:1-3, NKJV).

Bethel is a place where we can go in our time of distress. The lesson for Israel and for us today is this: Whenever Jacob was in trouble, he knew where to go and what to do.

God was saying to Jacob, “You know where I will speak to you, where you will hear my voice. Go back to Bethel, to the altar where I met you. Get down on your face before me, and cleanse your house of idolatry.”

Jacob called his sons to bring forth all their idols, and he buried them under an oak tree. He then led his family to Bethel where he built an altar before God. God assured him again, “I am with you” (see Genesis 35:9-13). Scripture says, “The terror of God was upon the cities that were all around them, and they did not pursue the sons of Jacob” (Genesis 35:5). The surrounding cities were afraid of Jacob and his little Jewish clan because God had put a dread in them.

The Lord is still God of Bethel. He implores us, “Go to Bethel, and I will meet you there. Every time you are in trouble or distress, run to the altar. Cry out and get alone with me.” He is waiting for us to meet him in the secret closet of prayer.

Jacob knew where to go to get a clear word from Lord. He shut himself in with God in a secret place. I believe God speaks to us, but it happens in our alone time with him.

God is calling you today to get your eyes off of your circumstances. Do not judge anything by your present condition. Don’t try to figure it all out or let fear cast you down. God will meet you in prayer!
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote