View Single Post
Old 26-09-23, 18:33   #1358
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,110 Times in 995 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Impartiality of God

"To those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury." - Romans 2:7-8

In this passage, Paul brings clarity to the impartiality of God, telling the reader that God will reward them for their work. According to our key verses, for those who seek truth and persevere in doing good, the reward is eternal life. For selfishly ambitious people who reject truth, the reward is God's wrath.

As followers of Jesus, we are not to be self-seeking. As we place our faith and trust in God, we are to serve and die to self. This stands in contrast to what we see around us, where we are encouraged to put ourselves above everything and everyone else.

The world teaches us to want more than we need, which not only plays into how we live and treat others but also dramatically affects our relationship with God. You see, in the world, self-seeking is encouraged and acceptable behavior. One can quickly fall prey to a self-seeking world that offers no accountability, leading to worldly desires where one no longer heeds the truth, falling into a sinful lifestyle. It's where we turn our backs on truth, seeing evil as good and good as evil. It usually happens quickly, without people realizing how far they have drifted.

A question some ask is why many people in churches act just like those outside the church. Perhaps they have never been born again, or they have a greater desire for self-pleasure than obedience to the truth, putting their faith in God, and seeking His Kingdom first.

We are in an urgent hour. The Bible tells us we have all sinned and need God's forgiveness. God desires that not one person perish without Him, but the truth remains that those who reject Him will be separated from Him throughout eternity. All who receive God will spend eternity with Him. Today, I call you to turn from the world's ways and seek God and His Kingdom. Commit to His Lordship over your life.

Intentional discipleship in the church is part of the solution to seeing people spiritually transformed. If you want to pray and discuss this further, please reach out to me at the email address below.

Heavenly Father, I pray for all who read this post. If they are without You as their Savior, I pray they will ask You into their heart, turn from their selfish ways, and live daily for You. For those who have already accepted You as their Savior, I pray they will recommit their life to seek You first and live each day sharing the gospel story of what You have done for them as their Savior and Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote