View Single Post
Old 15-09-23, 14:28   #1356
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,110 Times in 995 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Power over Fear

I am afraid. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me. Terrors of death are fallen upon me.

Afraid because there is more evil in me than good, lying rather than righteousness, weakness instead of strength. I am like an unripe olive tree without fruit. Oh, that I had wings like a dove, I would fly away and be at rest. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.

Afraid God may cast me off and curse this green tree, for He came seeking fruit and found none.

So afraid that all I can do is trust in him. I will call and he will save me. He shall hear my voice and deliver my soul in peace from the battle that is against me. He will bottle my tears. God is for me. He will keep my feet from falling, that I my walk before him in the light of the living.

Are you engulfed in fear? Does your mind often stray from the safety of God’s presence into the frightening places that imagine every worst-case scenario? You are not alone, dear friends! Every person battles fear, even the bravest and strongest among us. The psalmist David expressed his fears and his need to return to the care and protection of the Lord. “Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in you” (Psalm 56:3, NKJV).

This protection isn’t just for the physical body; our minds need fortifying, too. The enemy of our souls wants to weaken and conquer us with fear before the battle even begins. His strategy is to make us feel frail and defeated by sin and to be paralyzed by fears of things that will never happen.

However, God has other plans for us. “Trust in me!” he says. “Satan has already been defeated. You are my sons and daughters. Nothing is too hard for me, and you have my full protection. I am your mighty fortress! Give your fears to me.”

Here is the apostle Paul’s powerful antidote to fear. “And [the Lord] said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:9). We have the power of Christ!
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (08-10-23)