View Single Post
Old 01-08-23, 15:16   #1343
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Mustard Seed Faith

And he said, "With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when sown on the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth, yet when it is sown, it grows up and becomes larger than all the garden plants and puts out large branches so that the birds of the air can make nests in its shade."
- Mark 4:30-32

The Parable of the Mustard Seed, recorded three times in the Gospels, is one of Jesus' shorter parables. We find it in Matthew and Luke, in addition to being recorded in Mark 4:30-32. In studying, I learned that a mustard plant can grow between 6 and 20 feet high. Yes, one of the tiniest seeds becomes a tree where birds come and perch in its branches. I also learned that mustard trees have eight growth stages: germination, leaf development, stem elongation, inflorescence emergence, flowering, fruit development, ripening, and senescence. I also learned that farmers find it helpful as a cover crop that can help if erosion in their fields is an issue. We also know that the leaves and the seeds can be used for consumption.

Growing a mustard plant or tree requires care and attention. Just so, if we want our faith to grow in Christ, we need to be sure we are giving care and attention to our relationship with Him. Spiritual transformation is a lifelong process of obedience to Jesus. This parable shows us that the kingdom of God starts small and that through the faithfulness of Jesus and His disciples, it is growing and spreading throughout the world. Jesus teaches that the faith of His followers is like the mustard seed. The kingdom of God is established and grows through these humble beginnings. May you be encouraged today to lean more than ever into Jesus and pursue a mustard-seed faith.

Heavenly Father, may our faith be like a mustard seed, and may we grow to be used as your servants to accomplish much for the kingdom of God. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote