View Single Post
Old 03-07-23, 18:09   #1335
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Faith and Finance: A Winning Combination

There are few topics more fraught with anxiety than money. Because it is one of the most personal areas of life, even talking about it is socially taboo. If we have been taught poor money skills, we are ashamed and have a hard time seeking help.

Christians often carry additional stress about money. Some have been taught that having wealth is sinful. We all know the parable of the stingy rich man who would not help Lazarus. Here’s another verse most Christian are familiar with: “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God” (Mark 10:25, ESV). Conversely, there are those who preach that prosperity is manifest evidence of God’s favor on our lives.

Fortunately, balance and focus are found in scripture. “Keep your heart with all vigilance,” we are cautioned, “for from it flow the springs of life” (Proverbs 4:23). God is far more interested in our attitude toward money than he is in money itself.

Diligence in knowing our appetites and aligning them with God’s values determines the financial direction our lives will take. In the process, we must be mindful of our vulnerabilities. Jeremiah 17:9 says, “The heart is deceitful and desperately sick; who can understand it?” The heart and mind are cunning and can convince us that a poor choice is actually a great one. Anxiety shows up when we realize that we’ve diverged from sound scriptural principles.

Staying focused requires a two-pronged approach. Number one is the practical: Am I spending more than I have? The guide is to live principally, modestly and below our means. Don’t buy things you can’t afford and bury yourself in debt. Decide daily to make good decisions and seek sound advice. When you feel that cautionary nudge of the Spirit, listen to it. God may be steering you away from trouble.

Second, decide to live in contentment. Don’t covet what others have. Resist allowing social media and shopping sites to feed your hunger for more stuff. Surround yourself with like-minded people. Evaluate your spending habits and examine your motives. Ask yourself, “Am I pleasing God? Am I living a life of balance and deliberation?”

Good stewardship requires our full attention. The rewards are peace of mind, confidence, wisdom and a fruitful life that is pleasing to God.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (31-08-23)