View Single Post
Old 02-07-23, 20:18   #1334
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

The Power of Being Forgiven

Jesus tells us, “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes in him who sent me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life” (John 5:24, NKJV). Indeed, the scriptures tells us from cover to cover that once the Lord forgives our sins, he wipes them from his memory.

“I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake; and I will not remember your sins” (Isaiah 43:25).

“I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, and like a cloud, your sins. Return to me, for I have redeemed you” (Isaiah 44:22).

“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: ‘I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,’ then He adds, ‘Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.’” (Hebrews 10:16-17).

Here is abundant good news for every Christian who’s ever sweated, striven or worked to mortify the deeds of his flesh in his own strength. Does this include you? How many promises have you made to God, only to break them? Here is your good news, reported in the book of Micah: “I, the Lord, will subdue all your iniquities.” God has given us image after image in these passages of how he wipes our sins from memory. He blots them out; he remembers them no more; he buries them in the sea; he “subdues” them, meaning he chases them down and captures them.

Isaiah even tells us God takes our trespasses and flips them over his shoulder. “But you have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, for you have cast all my sins behind your back” (Isaiah 38:17). This means God will never look at our sins or acknowledge them again.

Now let me ask you, if God forgets our sins, why don’t you and I? Why do we always allow the devil to dig up some muck or mire from our past and wave it in our face, when all our sin is already covered by Christ’s blood? The cleansing, forgiving power of Christ’s blood is all-encompassing. It covers our entire lives!
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote