View Single Post
Old 30-06-23, 03:24   #2
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies Re: Glastonburys' Darkest Tragedies-Bodies in Tents/Suicide/Tory Dead in Toilet

Glastonburys' Darkest Tragedies -Bodies in Tents, Suicide and Tory Found Dead in VIP Toilet

Glastonbury Festival has seen some iconic moments over the years, but sadly it has seen its fair share of tragedy too. Following the passing of two men at this year's festival, we take a look back at some of the event's darkest moments...

BBC NEWS 30 JUNE 2023

As the dust settles and hangovers pass after Glastonbury Festival 2023, it's back to work and normality for the hundreds of thousands who attended.

But sadly that won't be the case for some, with two men suffering untimely and tragic deaths at Worthy Farm this year.

'Ultra-talented DJ' Jason Winder was found dead in his tent in the early hours of Sunday morning, and a second man in his 40s was found lifeless in his tent on Tuesday as the clean-up began.

Despite the festival's rigorous safety and security procedures, sometimes things happen that are out of the organisers' control.

From revellers gone too soon to the mystery of the Tory who was found dead in a VIP toilet, We take a look back at some of the event's darkest moments.

'Unique' DJ Who Died 'Resting'

Radio DJ Jason Winder, 48, died in the early hours of Sunday at this year's festival.

Avon & Somerset Police said he'd suffered a 'medical incident' on the old railway line footpath shortly before 4am and died at the scene.

His death is not being treated as suspicious, and a report is being prepared for the coroner.

Jason had previously worked abroad presenting radio shows in Phuket, Thailand, for expats under his stage name, Jason Wilder

Tim Newton, who performed on Phuket in Thailand with Jason posted a tribute to him on Facebook.

He said: 'Very, very sad news this morning of the death of work compatriot and good friend Jason Wilder. Jason passed away whilst at the Glastonbury music festival whilst resting in his on-site tent.

"And he died there doing what he loved – surrounded by music, friends, and you can be sure, a lot of love and laughter. Jason lived large and packed a lot of life into his 48 short years. RIP dear friend."

Second Body Found During Clean-Up. The man was found lifeless in his tent

A second person was found to have died at Glastonbury Festival when a body was found during clean-up.

Avon and Somerset Police said a man in his forties was found unresponsive in his tent at around 2.20pm on Tuesday.

The man is believed to be a dad of three from North London, reports The Jewish Chronicle, and was there as a festival worker. His family is said to have been notified.

No further information has been released by authorities.

Avon and Somerset Police said: "Police were called at about 2.20pm on Tuesday 27 June after a man in his forties was found unresponsive in his tent in The Park at the Glastonbury Festival site.

"Sadly, the man, a member of the festival's crew, was confirmed dead at the scene. The death is not being treated as suspicious and a report is being prepared for the coroner."

Hypothermic Woman Saved by Paul McCartney

Last year, a woman who waited seven hours to see Sir Paul McCartney's set collapsed just 20 minutes into his performance due to hypothermia.

Lisa Morris, a self-confessed superfan, waited at the barrier with her friend Kerry, armed with snacks, cereal bars, and sweets - but soon found herself 'fading'.

Lisa had to be pulled from the crowd and looking down, Sir Paul paused and asked: "What's going on over there?"

He gestured to bystanders to help, then added: "Is there something happening there? If so, let's tend to it. Come on."

Sir Paul McCartney paused his performance to make sure she was ok

Lisa was taken away to a medical tent and Sir Paul said: "It's okay we sorted it, we sorted it. There you go, mate! It wasn't that solo I played? All right."

It was soon discovered that Lisa had a dangerously low body temperature of 35C.

"I didn't think for a minute that I had hypothermia," the nurse said, as ITV reports.

"But when you are in it yourself you don't think like that. I just felt tired, but I thought I had to stick it out. I have been waiting for this moment for three years.

"I had a really big pasta bowl before I went in because I knew I'd be there a while and I thought I would be warm inside the crowd. However, there was a strong wind blowing through the Pyramid - I could feel it catching my flag, which I held up for seven hours."

Juggler Who Set Himself on Fire

Another reveller died after suffering "significant" burns

Back in 2016, a juggler died after suffering self-inflicted "significant" burns less than 48 hours before the five-day event kicked off.

The circus performer had been plagued by voices telling him to kill himself, an inquest heard.

Ashton Launcherley, 27, travelled across the world training in circus schools as a juggler, teaching workshops to children and performing at festivals.

He was close to his mother and father, and was attending the festival with his family when he died, a coroner's court was told.

In the weeks prior to his death, the coroner heard that Ashton had travelled to Berlin, Bordeaux and Morocco, losing touch with his family who tracked him via his bank accounts.

When he returned to England, he agreed to take medication, but was left feeling 'zonked out' by it and stopped taking it once again.

The family arrived at the Glastonbury Festival site on June 17 and on June 19, the inquest heard he told his mother the voices had been 'commanding' him to kill himself.

He got up, going into the Green Field area of the festival for a sauna to try and relax.

His father, Peter Smith, had been working on the festival site and said he was aware of a 'commotion' and people shouting 'fire.'

"I could see the police were there. The commotion went on for a long time," he told the inquest in a written statement.

As he approached the scene, he saw a black Puffa jacket and camouflage trousers like the ones Ashton had been wearing.

"I didn't want to believe it was him," he told the coroner. "I didn't want to believe it was Ashton. His face and his body was black."

Ashton suffered 95 per cent burns, and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham.

He suffered multiple-organ failure and died a short time afterwards.

The coroner recorded a verdict of suicide.

Security Guard Found Dead

Martin Fallone, a security guard, died at the festival

In 2019, tributes were paid after a security guard was found dead at Glastonbury Festival.

Martin Fallone, 64, was discovered lifeless in his tent during the music festival at around 5pm on Sunday, June 30.

Mr Fallone was one of 25 officers supplied to the festival by security firm G4S.

It is understood he was working night shifts during the five-day event, reports Somerset Live.

Paramedics said he had died from a suspected heart attack, and it was later confirmed he had died from natural causes.

Double Death

At Glastonbury Festival 2014, a music fan was left fighting for his life after taking ketamine.

The 26-year-old man was in a "life-threatening condition" in hospital after suffering an adverse reaction to the drug which blocks signals to the brain.

Police warned festival-goers not to take illegal drugs. An officer tweeted: "Please don't take drugs at Glasto.

"Ketamine and alcohol dangerously affect your heart and breathing. It can be deadly and you don't know what or how strong it is."

He was rushed to Bristol Royal Infirmary, but died at the hospital.

At the time, Avon and Somerset police said: "Unfortunately the man taken ill after a suspected reaction to ketamine has died this morning. His family are aware and being supported."

Police also revealed a 67-year-old woman had died at the festival from natural causes. Her death was not treated as suspicious.

Tory MP Christopher Shale was tragically found dead in a VIP toilet

A mystery was sparked after a senior Tory was found dead in a VIP toilet at Glastonbury Festival in 2011.

A pathologist was initially unable to determine how Christopher Shale died during an inquest into his death.

The 56-year-old was a close friend of David Cameron, and was discovered slumped in a cubicle in the backstage area.

The Prime Minister's constituency chairman had been reported as missing by worried family members at 900-acre Worthy Farm on the Saturday.

The inquest was adjourned and reopened at a later date, when it was determined he had died of natural causes.

The coroner ruled that his death had been caused by heart disease, and that he had no drugs or drink in his system.

Inside the £24,000 a stay Glastonbury 'tents'

Glastonbury 'ghost' caught on video as eerie figure 'flies past' friends

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote