View Single Post
Old 28-06-23, 18:51   #1332
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Prayer Post

But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid." And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water." He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" - Matthew 14:27-31

This passage is probably familiar to you. You might have heard it as early as Vacation Bible School or Sunday School, or in a read-aloud Bible Storybook. But this is not simply a story for children. Even as adults, it is applicable to our walk with Christ.

Two concepts found in these verses can hinder a person from living courageously for Jesus: doubt and fear. In verse 30, we see that Peter is afraid, and then in verse 31, Jesus rebukes Peter for his doubt. We must recognize that when we give into doubt and fear, we are no longer focused on Jesus. We are allowing a lie to take over when we should and can be living courageously for God. Here are a few verses that remind us of God's faithfulness and should encourage us to live courageously for Him: Isaiah 41:10, Deuteronomy 31:6, Joshua 1:5, Matthew 28:20, and Philippians 4:6.

So many people get caught up in doubt, but Jesus asked Peter, "Why did you doubt?" We have the Word of God, which tells us we don't need to live life as doubters. Make the decision today that when storms come your way, you will have the courage to trust in Jesus. Take a moment to thank the Lord for Hebrews 13:5, which says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." And may you be ready to say and live out Hebrews 13:6: "So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"

Heavenly Father, we thank and praise that you never leave or forsake us. Forgive us for our doubt and fear. Lord Jesus, today we commit to being Your faithful followers. We will keep our eyes fixed upon You and trust You with our lives. We commit, as followers of Jesus, to live courageously for You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote