View Single Post
Old 16-06-23, 14:25   #1327
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

God’s Military Outpost in Us

Peter said, “[We] are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time” (1 Peter 1:5, NKJV). I see in this a prophecy that in these last days God is once more going to reveal his keeping power to his people.

Christ prayed to the Father concerning his disciples, saying, “While I was with them in the world, I kept them in your name. Those whom you gave me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled” (John 17:12). The disciples were sustained by a mighty power outside of themselves. They could not have made it a single day without Christ's keeping power.

What a glorious prayer Christ prayed on our behalf! “I do not pray that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them from the evil one” (John 17:15).

In the Greek, the work ‘kept’ is very expressive. As used in 1 Peter 1:5, it means “to establish a military outpost, to guard, hem in, protect with a garrison, to establish a fortress with a full military line, with full military apparatus, to discern the enemy far in advance and protect from danger.” Not only is the Lord a strong tower, but he establishes in us a fully-manned military base. We actually become a powerful outpost with armies of soldiers and weapons ready for combat and with a lookout who sees the oncoming enemy far in advance.

Jesus prayed, “Keep them from the evil...” The Greek word for ‘keep’ means “deliverance from the effect or influence of anything bad, evil, grievous, harmful, lewd, malicious, or wicked” and “deliverance from Satan himself and all that is corrupt or diseased.”

Put it all together, and it seems almost too good to believe. We are God's military outpost, protected by a fully-equipped spiritual army in full battle array, completely informed of every enemy plan and device, wholly defended against Satan and every evil power. We can now understand what the scripture means when it says, “He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote