View Single Post
Old 13-06-23, 16:27   #1326
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

"For the people of Israel and the sons of Levi shall bring the contribution of grain, wine, and oil to the chambers, where the vessels of the sanctuary are, as well as the priests who minister, and the gatekeepers and the singers. We will not neglect the house of our God." - Nehemiah 10:39

We often hear of work deferred on buildings because the owner sees it as someone else's responsibility or does not want to use his or her financial resources to maintain the structure. What could have been a minor repair turns into a significant undertaking with a heftier price tag.

When the Israelites began rebuilding the temple and the city of Jerusalem, they agreed not to neglect the house of God. They also agreed to bring in tithes and offerings throughout the year. In Nehemiah 10:28 and the following verses, we see that they agreed to spend money in ways that brought glory to God. The Bible calls us to be givers, aligning ourselves with God, the ultimate giver.

While church and other ministry buildings exist and house good work, there is a house of God that is greater than any physical building. We read in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." These two verses should motivate us to read and study the Bible, pray, and spend time in the presence of God. Sadly, we often allow our hearts to instead be divided by the things of this world.

Today, I urge you not to neglect your spiritual body, so you don't fall into spiritual death. In John 10:10, we read, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." God desires the best for your life. May you receive what He has for you today and never neglect it.

Heavenly Father, I thank you for every person reading this word. I pray that they have professed their faith in Jesus, have a hunger to read and study the Bible, and will not neglect their dwelling place. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote