View Single Post
Old 17-05-23, 08:01   #79
Ladybbird

Thanked 14,458 Times in 10,262 Posts
Ladybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond reputeLadybbird has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best Admin Best Admin Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 8

Movies re: Prince Harry & Meghan in DANGEROUS Near Catastrophic Car Chase

Meghan Markle Gets Emotional as Proud Prince Harry Sees Her Win Women of Vision Award

Meghan Markle was honoured at the Women of Vision awards ceremony which was held at Ziegfeld Ballroom in Manhattan, with husband Prince Harry and mother Doria Ragland also in attendance

BBC 17 MAY 2023

Meghan Markle is said to have got emotional when she collected a Women of Vision award in New York on Tuesday evening.

The Duchess of Sussex was honoured at the glitzy event, which was held at Ziegfeld Ballroom in Manhattan, with husband Prince Harry and mother Doria Ragland also in attendance.

Meghan looked classy in a stunning gold strapless gown by Colombian designer Johanna Ortiz which has a retail value of $1,850 (£1482). She also paired the altered dress with strappy $1,350 (£1,081) gold heels from Tom Ford and a matching Carolina Herrera clutch bag, priced at $1,100 (£881).

She wore her long dark tresses wavy and over one shoulder to perfectly show off her hooped earrings. Her makeup was flawless.

Organisers celebrated Meghan for her 'lifelong advocacy for women and girls' and she received the award from friend Gloria Steinem.

Meanwhile, another guest remarked how Prince Harry 38, "looked unbelievably proud" of his wife.

The 41-year-old mother-of-two took to the stage to Alicia Keys' hit song Girl on Fire before giving Gloria, 89, a warm hug before reminiscing during her speech.

Guest Paul Didonato told The Sun: "Meghan was very gracious and beyond articulate. She was quite wonderful.

"She did become emotional. Seeing her on stage with Gloria Steinem felt like it was a cross generational moment."

She shared an anecdote from her childhood where she would come home from school before settle down for the evening with her 'TV tray dinner' while watching Jeopardy!

Meghan also spoke about how Ms. Magazine, which was founded by Gloria Steinem, played a huge part in her life.

Organisers celebrated Meghan for her 'lifelong advocacy for women and girls'

The Duchess of Sussex said: "It's funny because as a young girl, I would come home, I would settle in after a day of school, pull up my TV tray dinner, and I would turn on my evening ritual, Jeopardy!

"And I would glance at the coffee table, where I would see an array of things. It could be the cat's collar, my homework, some mail that had just been brought in, and some magazines. The magazines said 'Ms.' on them.

"And I remember them vividly because the pictures were different. There was a diversity that I hadn't seen as often, both with colour and age, and the names were different.

"There were congresswomen, there were astronauts, and the topics were different. From mothering, to being a working mum, to have your topics such as domestic violence and the poverty line."

She had previously told the same story on her Archetypes podcast.

Meghan was recognised for her work at her and Prince Harry's Archewell Foundation.

The Duchess of Sussex received the award from friend Gloria Steinem, centre

..................SHARKS are Closing in on TRUMP..........................

TRUMP WARNS; 'There'll Be a Bloodbath If I Don't Get Elected'..MAGA - MyAssGotArrested...IT's COMING

PLEASE HELP THIS SITE..Click DONATE
& Thanks to ALL Members of ... 1..

THIS SITE IS MORE THAN JUST WAREZ...& TO STOP SPAM-IF YOU WANT TO POST, YOUR FIRST POST MUST BE IN WELCOMES
Ladybbird is online now   Reply With Quote