View Single Post
Old 03-05-23, 19:23   #1309
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,106 Times in 991 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

In Luke 11:1, we read that Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples."

In Luke 11:2-4 we find the response of Jesus to his disciple: "So He said to them, "When you pray, say:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one."

Then in Luke 11:5-13, we find additional instruction on prayer that helps us see that persistence and expectancy in praying is vital to our prayer life.

"And He said to them, "Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; and he will answer from within and say, 'Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you'? I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs. "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

I encourage you to do as one of the disciples did and ask the Lord to teach you to pray. When you do, He will open doors of instruction for you. The opportunities will be different but each time, He will provide you with instructions on what to pray for and how to pray about it during your prayer times.

As you begin this time of instruction, I encourage you to pray the Lord's Prayer over the next forty-five days asking the Lord to give you a spiritual breakthrough in your life and for our nation. Ask the Lord to put the Lord's Prayer on your heart and mind so that you begin praying it before you even get out of bed.

Another way to grow in your prayer life is by meeting and praying with others. This week I want to make you aware of one opportunity where you can gather and pray.

This week we observe the National Day of Prayer, an annual observance held on the first Thursday of May to invite people to pray for our nation. It was created in 1952 by a joint resolution of the United States Congress and signed into law by President Harry S. Truman. You can visit https://www.nationaldayofprayer.org/ to find prayer events near you.

"Jay" Johnston, frc.org
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tarfoot For This Useful Post:
Ladybbird (25-05-23)