View Single Post
Old 16-04-23, 21:18   #1303
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

Sharing in Christ’s Great Goodness

“If you ask anything in my name, I will do it” (John 14:14, NKJV). We show the measure of our Christ by what we ask in his name. We are told to ask large and to expect great things. We show forth the greatness of Christ by the greatness of our requests. We have so little of Christ because we ask so little.

We limit our petitions to material things. It’s true that we are to make our needs known, but to ask only for food and shelter is to diminish our vision of his greatness.

The kingdom of God is “joy and peace in the Holy Ghost!” We serve a triumphant Christ, and we are called to share in the triumph. Do you have joy and peace in the Holy Ghost? Do you go to his throne and ask the Father “in the name of Jesus?”

God wants us to think big and ask big. Asking “in Jesus’ name” is an invitation to share in God’s great goodness laid up for those who believe.

What about the hungry crowd of 5,000 in the New Testament when Jesus asked his disciples what they should do? He said, “Show me your plan to feed them. What can be done to meet this crisis?” Jesus already had a plan, but he was testing their faith. Who could have conceived of feeding that mass of people with five loaves of bread and two fish?

God will not tell us what his plan is. He will not even give us a hint. He insists on our having faith in his promises, his majesty, his past miracles on our behalf. His word to us is “Believe!” Your Lord has a way prepared, and he has the power to fulfill his plan.

Faith is evidence that cannot be seen. There can be no rest for us in our fiery trials until we believe he stands ready to do the unthinkable, the impossible. Our part is to simply trust that he will perform what he has promised.
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote