View Single Post
Old 11-04-23, 21:57   #1301
Tarfoot
Honoured Member

Thanked 1,107 Times in 992 Posts
Tarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud ofTarfoot has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Bronze Medal Bronze Medal Gold Medal Gold Medal 
Total Awards: 5

Default Re: POWER of PRAYER- No Matter Which Faith You Follow=GOD is With You

The Invitation into Faith

Faith is a command. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. It is written, “Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him” (Hebrews 10:38, NKJV).

Unbelief is a bottomless pit of fear and discouragement. It begins with fearing what we cannot see. One fear leads to another, then we begin fearing everything present and future. The result is uncontrollable anxiety and despair. This is not a small issue with God. It is a matter of life and death.

Today, if you are tormented by fear, I have a word for you. The opposite of fear is faith, and faith is an invitation to partake of the great goodness of the Lord. I refer you to one of the most encouraging promises in God’s Word. Let it sink deep into your soul.

“Oh, how great is your goodness, which you have laid up for those who fear you, which you have prepared for those who trust in you in the presence of the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret place of your presence from the plots of man; you shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues” (Psalm 31:19-20).

Hold tight to your faith! God has a bold and glorious promise: “Trust me and I will pour out my goodness upon you. I will hide you in my presence and will not allow strife and fear to overwhelm you.”

It is also written, “Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward” (Hebrews 10:35), and “He who comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him” (Hebrews 11:6). The rewards of faith are strength, peace and calm in the storm. God rejoices in our faith, and the decision is ours to make. Right now it is within our power to choose to trust him in our present and future trials.

May God help us all hold fast to our faith. Do not give up. We are too close to the end of the race.

“You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble; you shall surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with my eye” (Psalm 32:7-8).
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
Tarfoot is online now   Reply With Quote